Marine 350ci in to a truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
I've googled and googled and searched but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I bought my Suburban and it came with a fresh, ready to go block and all of the gaskets ect. So the goal is to pull my 350 out, pull the heads off and rebuild them and throw them on the new block with all the new parts and put it back in the truck. I've read that marine engines are more durable because of porcelain coatings and brass freeze plugs ect. Is there anything else I would need to do to make this road worthy or is it ok to slap it in. I did read that the thermostat is 140° because the engine would run at cooler temps on the water. Any input would be awesome.

Thanks!
Pictures to make it more interesting.

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Change the t-stat to a stock 190* and put your stuff on it. I have not heard of the porcelain coatings part, might be true but I don't believe it. Brass freeze plugs are nothing special either.

What the marine blocks do usually have is a higher nickel content in the block material to help ward off the rusting potential of straight water running through the coolant passages.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Make sure it's not a Mercruiser reverse-rotation marine engine.

Edit I guess if you're changing the cam, crank and starter that's the most you have to worry about.

Kyle67

Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
350ci
Thanks everything seems to be going smooth so far. Does anyone know what this bolt is though? It fits in where the crank bolts would go there five like this and five that are the same length minus the "top part" for the lack of a better term.

Here's some progress pics from this morning to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels