MagnaFlow vs Flowmaster vs Straight Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
This is one of those posts that I wish I could "like" a whole bunch of times.

Maybe some folks like the old beater dump truck sound.
Lol it’s will be interesting for sure. Once it’s on the road the timing goes where it’s supposed to be with good gas. Who doesn’t like the smell of high octane fuel?

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Maybe some folks like the old beater dump truck sound.

I guess i'm one of them folks? It was determined a long time ago that I wasn't gonna change the muffs on the K5 for exactly that reason. It sounded like an "old beater dump truck" lol.
The kind of exhaust note that is impossible to duplicate even if you're trying...nobody can instantly have years and years of heat cycles and water effects in a fiberglass packed "turbo muffler" when they want it. Those things take TIME and must mature at their own speed.
That's my case and the truck came from Arizona and the muffs aren't rusty. So **** it, i'm in love with the sound of my twenty? + year old muffler shop brand turbos.
BUT!
The farther I get away from that "as bought" tune, the sound is changing more and more before my ears. AND I have complete intention of installing an 'H-pipe" one day, as close to the engine as-is possible read : behind the transmission.
It has moments NOW of sounding downright fancy.

Whatever.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I guess i'm one of them folks? It was determined a long time ago that I wasn't gonna change the muffs on the K5 for exactly that reason. It sounded like an "old beater dump truck" lol.
The kind of exhaust mote that is impossible to duplicate even if you're trying...nobody can instantly have years and years of heat cycles and water effects in a fiberglass packed "turbo muffler" when they want it. Those things take TIME and must mature.
That's my case and the truck came from Arizona and they aren't rusty. So **** it, i'm in love with the sound of my twenty? + year old muffler shop brand turbos.
BUT!
The farther I get away from that "as bought" tune, the sound is changing more and more before my ears. AND I have complete intention of installing an 'H-pipe" one day, as close to the engine as-is possible.
It has moments NOW of sounding downright fancy.

Whatever.
The only proper way to buy glasspacks is used.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Aye.
But lol? Who does that?

Wait till ol boy posts up a video of his bullets. I bet they sounds pritty rad with good age. My buddy blew his junk up too fast, them bullets died young. I don't think that ElCo ever saw the road again under it's own power.

I wonder what happened to it? There was an S-3 Laguna Chevelle nose on it....hmmm....:birgits_tiredcoffee

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Nothing ages a glass pack faster than loose rings and a plugged pcv valve.

Check
And
Check!

Beater dump truck!

Last edited:

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Maybe on a race engine not a clapped out 350 lol
Hey I have a Chevy crate 305, 32k on that sucker and 212 on the body. nd when I say sucker, that thing drinks gas! 3.73 ratio though so I kinda expcted that.
Oh Honky! Don't you remember being sixteen? I believe the Iowan will get much pleasure fielding the question "Dude! What kind of mufflers are those?!" because it really is a unique sound. :imo:
AND they're CHEEP!
What else matters? (not counting booze and cheerleaders!) I bet they got some hot ones in Iowa...

heck I know, I've been home schooled since 5th grade!
That would be awesome too.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Can you post up iTunes files or just youtube?

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Some how bullets on a 305 is better????:emotions33:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Okay Official voting time, Dynomax Race Bullets, Pypes Violator, or Dynomax Superturbo. @Rusty Nail, @4WDKC, @Honky Kong jr, and Whoever else wants to vote.
I vote you go open headers. That’s super bad-ass and all the kid at your school will think you’re the coolest! Good luck trying to keep the ladies away when you come rolling in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Well its already straight piped, so its not like it is gonna be louder, on the site it says it takes 4db from the straight sound (Race Bullet). The Violator is really cool but I think I'd rather have it with cam and I don't plan on doing that right now. The super turbo isn't bad, and it would be great for long drives, but not quite what I was looking for.

Possible Alternative, what if I did a super turbo or violator than did a cut out with a RB (race bullet).

Does the Rb, violator, or Super turbo drone?

I also plan on putting more sound packing in.

Violators is quieter than straight pipe, they didnt drone with the tiny stock cam and heads. Haven't driven it much since the swap as I was trying to tune it then added a camper shell, now the ******* thing has a broken exhaust valve spring.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Some how bullets on a 305 is better????:emotions33:
I want to do a 383 stroker soon.
I vote you go open headers. That’s super bad-ass and all the kid at your school will think you’re the coolest! Good luck trying to keep the ladies away when you come rolling in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
again I am home schooled, but i'll try it. Do I add a turn down at the muffler end?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Hey I have a Chevy crate 305, 32k on that sucker and 212 on the body. nd when I say sucker, that thing drinks gas! 3.73 ratio though so I kinda expcted that.

It sounds like dating one of the cheerleaders would be kind of uncomfortable then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

Are you in band?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigjump73