MagnaFlow vs Flowmaster vs Straight Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I want to do a 383 stroker soon.

again I am home schooled, but i'll try it. Do I add a turn down at the muffler end?
Definitely have turn outs because you don't want to torch your rig when you shoot the flames out. Safety first. Always.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
Are you in band?

Nope, the school doesn't know I'm there. I'm doing drivers Ed finally
Definitely have turn outs because you don't want to torch your rig when you shoot the flames out. Safety first. Always.

Thanks.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
@87silveradok20 . So you want a loud drone noise? Simple, and I have ran it for years. Run a 3 foot straight pipe off of each header collector. Next, put on the CHEAPEST turbo mufflers you can find. Not a glass pack. Not a cherry bomb. Nothing similar to a Flowmaster. Regular muffler looking, 20-30 each, 2 1/2" "turbo" mufflers. You are done.

As a side note- if you put turn downs on the mufflers, then you can charge places for cleaning their parking lot; just by driving through them. **** will be flying EVERYWHERE.

I've run this setup for years, because it's what I like; and it's cheap as hell.

***BTW- this only works if you have long tube headers. Even cheap ass ones.***

Last edited:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
@87silveradok20 . So you want a loud drone noise? Simple, and I have ran it for years. Run a 3 foot straight pipe off of each header collector. Next, put on the CHEAPEST turbo mufflers you can find. Not a glass pack. Not a cherry bomb. Nothing similar to a Flowmaster. Regular muffler looking, 20-30 each, 2 1/2" "turbo" mufflers. You are done.

As a side note- if you put turn downs on the mufflers, then you can charge places for cleaning their parking lot; just by driving through them. **** will be flying EVERYWHERE.

I've run this setup for years, because it's what I like; and it's cheap as hell.
Very sound advice.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Lmao.... I learned it by being a broke/cheap ass kid, and it works pretty damn good. Not one of my rigs has ever had a flowmaster or such on it....
Very good. I prefer my stuff a little more subdued.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Very good. I prefer my stuff a little more subdued.
That happens to some people when they get older. Remember, I still think and act like a kid..... Lol

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Wow! Just going through this thread again. It should be a stickie!!!

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
That happens to some people when they get older. Remember, I still think and act like a kid..... Lol
I never really wanted loud but the Chevelle really needs a better exhaust. It isn't quiet but not really loud either. Level is just about right but something is off so I think it needs an H or X pipe. If it works out ok I'll set the GMC up the same way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76