LS/T56 Transmission swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Picking up a T56 out of an 06 GTO, so I guess Im going to swap in a LS/T56 combo. I hate loosing the 3 on the tree, but in all reality, I cant drive this low powered truck anymore. It was fun at first, but I really need some more HP!!

The wife will be upset for a bit, but whats that old saying about asking for forgiveness??? :party36:

It will be a while as I havent even starting looking for an 5.3, 6.0 or LS_. Ill update my build thread when I start thou. :cheers:

Nmittlesdorf

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Rcsb
Engine Size
I am in the process of doing a LS1 / T56 swap into my 87 but I'm going buckets because the shifter is about 3-4 in front of the bench frame and won't shift down even with my hurst short throw shifter

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
I am in the process of doing a LS1 / T56 swap into my 87 but I'm going buckets because the shifter is about 3-4 in front of the bench frame and won't shift down even with my hurst short throw shifter

Did you put your shifter in the forward position?

Nmittlesdorf

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Rcsb
Engine Size
Did you put your shifter in the forward position?

No left it in the rear location and I'm gonna run buckets or race seat

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56

Nmittlesdorf

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Rcsb
Engine Size
Did you ever find a t56 what I did was post an add on ls Facebook pages and craigslist and I had a bunch to choose from I spent 1900 for a fully built tick performance complete tranny with stage two monster clutch and flywheel and the guy threw in an ls1 intake

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Did you ever find a t56 what I did was post an add on ls Facebook pages and craigslist and I had a bunch to choose from I spent 1900 for a fully built tick performance complete tranny with stage two monster clutch and flywheel and the guy threw in an ls1 intake

I did. Its sitting apart, on the bench awaiting a Stage II upgrade. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade