LS Swap. Need to figure out power for pumps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSTEWY

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I am having trouble seeing which wire/s I need to supply power to run the pumps. Four wires coming from the pumps. Two into the fuse block and two into the fire wall. Anyone know for sure before I start pulling wires and testing? 1987 Chevrolet V30

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I am having trouble seeing which wire/s I need to supply power to run the pumps. Four wires coming from the pumps. Two into the fuse block and two into the fire wall. Anyone know for sure before I start pulling wires and testing? 1987 Chevrolet V30

Tan w/ white stripe going into the fuse block. There is another set of two tan w/white stripe coming out of the bulk head that runs over to the firewall behind the engine. This feeds into the dash switch itself. You want to tie into the single tan/white going into the fuse block, not the 2 coming out.

JSTEWY

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Tan w/ white stripe going into the fuse block. There is another set of two tan w/white stripe coming out of the bulk head that runs over to the firewall behind the engine. This feeds into the dash switch itself. You want to tie into the single tan/white going into the fuse block, not the 2 coming out.

So I have one tan/white that comes from the harness that goes to the pumps that goes in the driver side of the bulkhead. I have another that originally came from the pump relay in the passenger side of the bulkhead. And there is also one that y's off from the two wires that go through the fire wall. Am I looking at the bulkhead or the two wires going through the firewall?

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
So I have one tan/white that comes from the harness that goes to the pumps that goes in the driver side of the bulkhead. I have another that originally came from the pump relay in the passenger side of the bulkhead. And there is also one that y's off from the two wires that go through the fire wall. Am I looking at the bulkhead or the two wires going through the firewall?

You'll want to tie into the tan/white that came from the original fuel pump relay and into the bulkhead. I believe that was the one on the passenger side. The other tan/white that runs down along the frame rail is for a single tank setup, and is unused if you have dual tanks (it terminates in a connector with no contacts, and is taped up in the harness, if I recall).

I'll try and snag some pictures of my bulkhead for reference when I get home.

gmachinz

Harnessworx Inc
Reaction score
First Name
Jabin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've got NEW harnesses available.....new dash switch, 65 psi valve, wiring, ect if you want to go all NEW.

Attachments

• IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 141

JSTEWY

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
You'll want to tie into the tan/white that came from the original fuel pump relay and into the bulkhead. I believe that was the one on the passenger side. The other tan/white that runs down along the frame rail is for a single tank setup, and is unused if you have dual tanks (it terminates in a connector with no contacts, and is taped up in the harness, if I recall).

I'll try and snag some pictures of my bulkhead for reference when I get home.

Thanks man, wired up and both pumps running. She runs and sounds angry lol. I can't get any communication with the ECM. I have 12+ and grounds connected. Pin 2 (ppl wire) connected to Pin 58 Blue ECM connector. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckboy_17