Looking to lower my c10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bear601

Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
305 with a 262 cam
Ok so I'm looking to lower my c10 and I am wondering if there's a easier way to tell if I have the 1' rotors or the 1.25' rotors and then my next question is what are the better companies to shop with and if your lowered what brand did you go with and why I've got a 85 c10 swb an wanting to do a 3/4 drop. I'd like to do a 2' spindle and 1'spring up front and then a shackle and hanger kit in the rear. Open to all suggestions thanks

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have a 1984 c-10 swb that has a 5-7 drop using spindles, coils, flip kit, shackles and a frame notch. When it comes to parts.....pick up a street trucks magazine and they have all sorts of suppliers. Western chassis, Bell tech, air slamit.com you can do a package deal and save some cash in the long run (most products are cast in China, no matter what brand you choose). Some have cut a coil off the front spring, but depending on how worn your coils are, you may lower the front more than you desire. Everyone has their own opinions about what brand is better than the other...it comes down to personal opinion. What size wheels are you planning on using once dropped? I ended up ditching the 15" steel rally wheels and went with 20". If you end up using 2" drop spindles, the back spacing on the stock 15" rally wheels will rub on the lower stock a-arms, unless you notch the arms or use a larger diameter wheel. Be sure to replace the upper and lower ball joints since you will have the front end torn apart (it's easier to do everything at once).

Be sure to post pics of before and after....

Someone here may be able to give you info on how to determine the different spindles. When I picked up my square it had already been lowered with spindles and coils. I would think that the spindles needed would be specified by the year of the truck.

Last edited:

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
^^^What he said^^^

On the spindles, just measure the width/thickness of the rotor at the edge, you might be able to do it with the wheel on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB