LMC Window Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handy Andy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
sierra 1500
Engine Size
Anyone here ordered window seals from the LMC site? I'm lookin for seals for the windows on both doors of my 86 k20. I was reading some comments on the net about the seals that LMC sells and there were a lot of comments that were net very favorable. Anyone here had any experience with them?

rssane31645

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 StepSide
Engine Size
Just got the door seals for my 84 and they work perfect

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have used the window seals with good success, door seals on the other end worked horrible. Not soft enough and make the door very hard to close. I made the mistake of throwing away the original door seals too soon (replaced them mostly to replace with a new part as they were still in good shape)

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I had good luck with my window seals. The door seals also work great. As far as them being "too hard"....thats not what makes the door harder to close...its the fact that they aren't squashed down from years of use.

You can also source seals from Steele Rubber Products

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had good luck with my window seals. The door seals also work great. As far as them being "too hard"....thats not what makes the door harder to close...its the fact that they aren't squashed down from years of use.

You can also source seals from Steele Rubber Products
New door seals are not as pliable/soft compared to factory seals.

Mishri

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm also looking at redoing my window and door seals. Do you know what parts you would need? I'm just trying to reduce wind noise at high speeds.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I tried new window seals on the driver's door and rear barn door seals and they both ******* suck. Sticking with the old rotted out ones for the rest of the truck.

Mishri

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Were those from LMC or from a different company?

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Also...google "The Chrome Guy" he's a local c10 specific parts guy here in Phoenix, Az. He has damn near everything needed to rebuild or upgrade c10s. I also bought a set of door seals from him last year...worked perfect too. His prices are comparable to LMC. I dig the fact that I can deal with an actual person who knows what parts fit what years. Nothing worse than finding a good deal on a part and it doesn't fit.

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
I tried new window seals on the driver's door and rear barn door seals and they both ******* suck. Sticking with the old rotted out ones for the rest of the truck.

Oh crap.......I wanted to order new barn door seals. Mine are so ratty across the bottom. Are there any sources for them? What didn't you like about the LMC product?

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Oh crap.......I wanted to order new barn door seals. Mine are so ratty across the bottom. Are there any sources for them? What didn't you like about the LMC product?

I don't know about the barn door seals for the burb, but apparently there are two different dorr seal versions for the square. Many people order the wrong door seals. There are other sources other than LMC if they dont fit properly. LMC is usually on top of things when it comes to parts.

There are several sources for weatherstripping. ...

LMC
Steele Rubber Products
The Chrome Guy Phoenix
Tuckers Classic Automotive

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
Okay, cool. Those seals are on my list for this Spring. Tired of looking at them!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Skysurfer got his to settle in. I had mine on for 6 months and could not take it anymore. They install beautifully, but then you can't close the doors. Mine would not even come close to closing, like 2/3 of the way then stopped. In adjusted the hinges and strikers all the way out and still had to slam the hell out of them to get them to shut. And they still leaked like a sive!! Anybody wants them ill sell them for half the LMC price.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

If I were to do this all over again i would trim off the bad part of the seal and go to Home Depot and buy their 1//2" thick x 1 1/2" wide universal weather seal and put that in its place. Works just as good and you can still shut the doors and get a decent seal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1