LMC Window Seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mishri

Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So you had trouble with the door seals... apparently too thick? Did you try the window seals? I see in your other post you said you used the window seals.. is that also the problem? too tight, can't roll up/down the windows?

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I just had LMC window seals for the roll up windows and the driver's side vent window seal installed by a bodyshop (didn't have time myself to do it).

Window is now very hard to roll down where before it was easy. Shop said it will take time for the seals to crush down. They said it should be easier this summer when it gets hot and things adapt.

The vent window seal- completely wothless. Should have kept the old one in place. The new one wasn't even quite shaped right. Had a lot of air leaks. Got so fed up with it I ended up using black silicone to seal it. Now I can't open the vent- but didn't use it much before anyway.

P.S. good to see another Montana guy on here!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I used seals from Classic Parts on my 84' (full set, doors, windows, vent window, etC), and they work and seal great, even 4 years later.

Whether or not you get the same seals now when you order from them will be the real question. It's been my experience that these places change suppliers like they change underwear.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
So you had trouble with the door seals... apparently too thick? Did you try the window seals? I see in your other post you said you used the window seals.. is that also the problem? too tight, can't roll up/down the windows?

I bought one outer window seal for the driver's side. Like the other fella above me mentioned it slows my power window way down and makes a terrible squeaking noise. I put some silicone spray on the felt and it worked good for about a month then went back to being an ******* again. And at about 6 months old the ******* lip of rubber cracked lengthwise in the middle. I'll take a picture and throw it up later.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
I'm going through a spare set of doors to rebuild/replace whats needed.

My question is, should I install the seals with the glass installed in the door or not? You would think it would be easier with the glass out, but the glass may help hold it in to form it.

My78truck

'Ol Holly
Reaction score
First Name
Becky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
5.7L
Anyone here ordered window seals from the LMC site? I'm lookin for seals for the windows on both doors of my 86 k20. I was reading some comments on the net about the seals that LMC sells and there were a lot of comments that were net very favorable. Anyone here had any experience with them?

I ordered my window & door seals from USA1, and they worked fine. Just waiting on the window felt and cowl seal to come back into stock.

As far as installing, I left the glass in, window down and pulled gently away from seal I was installing. I also sprayed some silicone down the track to make sliding down the channels easier. Still was a workout getting down the channel, but the silicone definitely helped You have to watch though, sometimes the glass likes to jump out of the window division channel. When it did, I just gently pulled it back towards the glass run channel while pushing lightly on the window regulator.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darrel