LMC Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pnwnvrdn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K10
Engine Size
SBC
When/if ordering multiple parts from Rock Auto, be aware of where they are being shipped from, the different locations they ship from (on the same order) can get spendy in a hurry.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I've bought all new headlights hardware and now these new headlights. It took about a little over a week to get here and shipping was a little much but not too bad. I'm pleased with part quality and have no complaints. But I do check auto parts stores 1st and if I can't get them I'll check lmc. Here's the lightsbi just got and fixin to put on.

Attachments

• 20230222_180317.jpg
    20230222_180317.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230222_180337.jpg
    20230222_180337.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 33

Bloodhound1981

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
@Soundmound agree with you. Ordered from them on Monday last week, my account still shows “processing “

Ordered from Summit on Wednesday, here Friday morning… and it was free shipping…
LMC quoted me $1200 in SHIPPING for a $899 bed floor. Summit shipped the exact same one for $149.

Randy and Easton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 LWB
Engine Size
Wow! When E wanted a new hood, Jeg’s had same deal over LMC so he bought from them …

Attachments

• 1E8CCA98-5093-493D-9B3D-D3CD12F2A1F5.jpeg
    1E8CCA98-5093-493D-9B3D-D3CD12F2A1F5.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 39
  • 9F81591F-2A70-4584-AC10-0254654392C8.jpeg
    9F81591F-2A70-4584-AC10-0254654392C8.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 42

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wow! When E wanted a new hood, Jeg’s had same deal over LMC so he bought from them …
How did it arrive? I’ve always been nervous about ordering sheet metal online, afraid it would show up with damage.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
When we ordered Kooper's(Grandson) hood for his S10, I was worried, too. The box came ,FEDEX, looked great so we didn't open it for a day or 2. Got it out of the box and it had a fairly large dent in the right cowl area. Grandmother(my Bride) was pi$$ed, she had a deal with Koop for payment on the hood. She got on the phone to Summit and reamed the poor gal who answered, they had another one sent out that afternoon! Told them we wanted to be there when the shipment arrived, that didn't work. We got back from a shopping trip and there was the box, beat to heck and we were afraid to open it. Got it out to the shop opened it up and it was fine!!! Good ending for a fairly expensive ordeal and we got to keep the original damaged hood. Got a good friend that knows body work and he straightened it I sold it on Craigslist for 2/3rds of the original price. The supplier is the one that you have to deal with and Summit, Jegs and most of the big retailers will help you out if something arrives with a problem. Pictures and phone calls in a timely fashion helps..........especially if it's Grandma on the warpath

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When we ordered Kooper's(Grandson) hood for his S10, I was worried, too. The box came ,FEDEX, looked great so we didn't open it for a day or 2. Got it out of the box and it had a fairly large dent in the right cowl area. Grandmother(my Bride) was pi$$ed, she had a deal with Koop for payment on the hood. She got on the phone to Summit and reamed the poor gal who answered, they had another one sent out that afternoon! Told them we wanted to be there when the shipment arrived, that didn't work. We got back from a shopping trip and there was the box, beat to heck and we were afraid to open it. Got it out to the shop opened it up and it was fine!!! Good ending for a fairly expensive ordeal and we got to keep the original damaged hood. Got a good friend that knows body work and he straightened it I sold it on Craigslist for 2/3rds of the original price. The supplier is the one that you have to deal with and Summit, Jegs and most of the big retailers will help you out if something arrives with a problem. Pictures and phone calls in a timely fashion helps..........especially if it's Grandma on the warpath
Don’t mess with the gramma!

Rmangrum

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LMC is great for accessory and parts for restoration.
I would stick with a local retailer for repair parts. No reason to pay shipping for a hose and you’ll develop a relationship with the local guy.

JeffWithers

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Hey folks, just looking for opinions on parts from LMC Truck. Specifically wondering how mechanical parts such as brake hoses, spring shackles/bushings, and such compare to what's available from NAPA and OReilly's? For example I noticed that LMC brake hoses are half the price of NAPA, seems a little too good to be true. How do their cab and radiator mounting sets compare?
I’m building a 90 Jimmy, and most of my parts come from Summit for everything except Vehicle specific body & interior parts. I usually look at LMC & Brothers for those, with a little web surfing. I believe Summit gives me more detailed information to get the right part.

justhorns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Nothing is made in America any more. Lmc shipping is pricey for small orders. Napa is the same stuff too, with no shipping if you get at the store. Avoid cardone brake parts.

87SQRBDY

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Justhorns is right about shipping coat from LMC. Seems like I've paid more for shipping than the small order I bought. I only buy from them if I really have to because parts I buy usually never fit right, rust way too fast or are just bad quality. Case in point the bumpers I bought has the chrome peeling off the day after I put them on. LMC said they could give me a gift card for 75 bucks. Holley is usually where I buy. Their led headlights are awesome and literally plug and play. Only needed to replace my flasher. I have an 87 R10 Silverado.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
As mentioned above by others, I buy from LMC when they are the only place that has the item I need. I just placed an order last week for two parts that probably weigh less than one pound total, including the package. They charged me $16.50 shipping from MO to TX, and that's via the Post Office! Turns out their shipping price is determined by the price of the order. So it's more like a tax than a shipping charge. Or it's a penalty for buying more! Great way to run a business, huh?

I sent them an e-mail saying that other companies, like Summit Racing, have a flat rate price, and shipping is free if you spend more than $99. Can't tell you how many times I've found more parts to buy just to get over that $99 threshold.

tebgm81

Reaction score
First Name
Terry E.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
I bought quite a few body and trim parts from LMC for a 56 and was impressed with everything I received.
No experience with mechanical parts yet.

timbritton

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500sierra
Engine Size
I have no problem with LMC other than shipping costs. I usually use them for things not found easily. BTW I m looking for the replacement ivory velvet velour for my bench seat any suggestions ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84