LMC Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trucksareforwork

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So you think the shipping is bad? You know they charge sales tax on shipping!
This is an example of why I just view LMC’s “shipping” costs as a markup to price and not a cost addition. They are just adding to price.

Once you look at it that way you (1) always watch their shipping add on and (2) just judge the purchase by the total price. I have bought plenty from LMC and have generally been happy, but I have abandoned a lot of orders after getting the total cost quoted.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Well, the LMC order arrived today.

Was excited to get a look at the dashboard and then I opened it...apparently Saddle means Tan. This is like the 73-80 Saddle color. My 84 Saddle interior has a Dark Saddle or if you dare - Brown dash. I also was not impressed with how large the holes had been drilled for the trim insert. RMA has been initiated and I'm losing on the shipping, live and learn I guess. Don't make the same mistake I did believing the picture that looked Brown. Buy a black one and dye it yourself regardless of your interior color.
Seat foam looks good though. Seat cover I'm not sold on, seems darker than pictured we'll see when I tear into it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
In the continuing saga of dash replacement - a new development. So, as you may know it arrived in Saddle, but not the Dark Saddle I needed. I decided to suck it up and just dye it myself. Well, Sunday I was getting it out to test fit and trim before doing the dye job and found a small defect that over time, would certainly accelerate its deterioration if not addressed.

Luckily for me, LMC is replacing it at no cost with a black unit. Now get this - they don't want the other one back! They said its not worth it to them to have it shipped and will deal with the supplier for compensation.

I'm thinking this is an easy fix for someone who's looking to get into a dashboard cheap. I'm going to hang on to it for a minute to be sure they don't change their minds, but then I'll offer it up to the forum for a song compared to buying it outright. I assume one of y'all would be more than willing to repair and dye a vinyl pad for your rig.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It's not worth it to ship because its cheap Chinese junk. It's hit or miss with LMC. Why not dye that one Dark Saddle and have it as a spare? The scratches will be less noticeable than the black underneath.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
It's not worth it to ship because its cheap Chinese junk. It's hit or miss with LMC. Why not dye that one Dark Saddle and have it as a spare? The scratches will be less noticeable than the black underneath.
It's a Dashes Direct vinyl unit and says Made in the USA.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
It's a Dashes Direct vinyl unit and says Made in the USA.
Dashes Direct imports them from China. That sticker just means the box is made in the USA. Ok, I'm pulling at straws here, I have nothing.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
In the continuing saga of dash replacement - a new development. So, as you may know it arrived in Saddle, but not the Dark Saddle I needed. I decided to suck it up and just dye it myself. Well, Sunday I was getting it out to test fit and trim before doing the dye job and found a small defect that over time, would certainly accelerate its deterioration if not addressed.

Luckily for me, LMC is replacing it at no cost with a black unit. Now get this - they don't want the other one back! They said its not worth it to them to have it shipped and will deal with the supplier for compensation.

I'm thinking this is an easy fix for someone who's looking to get into a dashboard cheap. I'm going to hang on to it for a minute to be sure they don't change their minds, but then I'll offer it up to the forum for a song compared to buying it outright. I assume one of y'all would be more than willing to repair and dye a vinyl pad for your rig.
I could definitely use a tan one for my 84. It's got a black one that's pretty much trashed. Just let me know when, if you decide to get rid of it.

scape

Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
LS
let me know how fit is. I am fighting my LMC dash pad right now. Overall, it is close. Has a high spot at the passenger side defrost vent where the clip is. It also needs to go toward the windshield another 3/8's of an inch.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
For motor/driveline parts, probably Rock Auto is my #1 go to.
LMC puts out some pretty good videos on installing some of their trim and interior products.
Bought some "name brand" chassis parts from RA. The parts looked like they had sat in a swamp cooler for a while.
All the grease was hard and the parts were rusty.
Good price, not so good parts.

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Agree with @ChuckN …. Easton and I decided we are going to sit down and calculate what we have spent in the 2 1/2 years on his project shipping and return shipping… I’m scared to know what that number is going to end up being…
Ha !!
I have 95% of all my "project" receipts. My wife asked the other day........ "How much have you spent on this truck?"
I said...... I have receipts, I need to see.
So far that answer has worked ;)

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
@Soundmound agree with you. Ordered from them on Monday last week, my account still shows “processing “

Ordered from Summit on Wednesday, here Friday morning… and it was free shipping…

I only buy parts from LMC when they are rare and or hard to find. Their shipping costs aren’t great, and their processing time is poor.

One example for cool stuff they have is the OEM tach kit. I’ve ordered some other stuff here and there (more than I remember likely) but I generally try to look around. IMHO they can have niche parts but otherwise I shop around . Classic Parts, Summit, etc. They have some nice trim and other stuff. When it comes to run of the mill everyday stuff, most parts are available locally.

I’m lucky that I have NAPA, O’Reillys, and Autozone all within 1000ft of each other, so I can park and walk. Surprisingly, Autozone is very helpful, especially with the rewards program. At least here, they have the most SBC performance stuff on the shelf. O’Reillys and NAPA are a toss up for brake parts and power steering pumps, and that sort of thing.

If it’s a bunch of parts that I need all at once, I’ll try Rock Auto.
My luck with "local" stores is this:
Have a guy at NAPA who is a jerk, but I always get along with him if I try to talk NFL football.
O'Reilly's had a good guy at my store, then moved him to the other side of Memphrica.
AZ (based here) and Advance, forget it. No gray matter for help there.
O'Reilly, NAPA, Advance/CarQuest and now Edelbrock all have warehouses here, but I still order a lot on line.
Thankfully, I'm pretty close to being done, so I don't need much now.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I have every receipt for everything I've ever bought for the truck in a 3 ring binder and the only time I'll add them up is if something ever happens to the truck and I need to present it to insurance. Otherwise, ain't happenin' Jack :lol:

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
I have every receipt for everything I've ever bought for the truck in a 3 ring binder and the only time I'll add them up is if something ever happens to the truck and I need to present it to insurance. Otherwise, ain't happenin' Jack :lol:
My binder is red, Zach !! :cool:
(OCD kickin' in)

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
My luck with "local" stores is this:
Have a guy at NAPA who is a jerk, but I always get along with him if I try to talk NFL football.
O'Reilly's had a good guy at my store, then moved him to the other side of Memphrica.
AZ (based here) and Advance, forget it. No gray matter for help there.
O'Reilly, NAPA, Advance/CarQuest and now Edelbrock all have warehouses here, but I still order a lot on line.
Thankfully, I'm pretty close to being done, so I don't need much now.
There's tons of parts houses around me too, especially since I work and live in 2 different towns. I buy a good bit of stuff with AutoZone because of their rewards but it's little knick knack stuff or fluids usually. Any big parts, the parts stores aren't even in the same stratosphere with pricing so I shop online for most stuff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod