LMC Dash pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Anybody used a replacement pad from them?? Bought one from them for 329.00 +/= and it is a POS. All the holes for the trim were off and Would not go into place. Not enough room under the pad to clear the top of the dash. Tried trimming the under side to make it fit but spent all day working on it and no go. Disappointed!!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Wow. Can you return it still? Rockauto has one for sale in here.

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
Talked to LMC on the pad. Explained to them the problems I was having with the fitment Lady said she would get with the warehouse people to see what they thought and what they would do. Bear in mind I modified the dash trying to make it fit. Too my surprise they called back the same day, They are sending out a new dash and told me to keep the one I had. Will try the new dash and if it fits,great, If it don't they know they have a problem and want both of them back. All on them. Haven't been real impressed with the tech/sales side but I can't complain one bit on the customer service!

Fingers crossed

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I've yet to see a favorable review on any aftermarket pad for our poor trucks. I saw one in person earlier this year at a swap meet, still new. Looked like poorly molded garbage to me. I don't understand how it could be so hard to make one that looks right.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Wow nobody else here has tried this brand?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Wow nobody else here has tried this brand?

If I'm not mistaken, there are only two different pads manufactured, one is urethane and the other is vinyl. The same pads are supplied to all the different restoration parts companies, and some companies carry both types. One type is supposed to fit a little better (the vinyl I think), but both are overpriced poo if you ask me.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The 1A Auto pads only have a couple of reviews but nothing bad. Anybody here try one of those yet?

1984dually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
8.1L
The 1A Auto pads only have a couple of reviews but nothing bad. Anybody here try one of those yet?

I don't see the complete dash pad on their site. Just the dash pad cover. Can you send me the right direction?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I don't see the complete dash pad on their site. Just the dash pad cover. Can you send me the right direction?

I only saw the cover too?

VAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
VAL
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 SILVERADO
Engine Size
LMC Truck has great customer service. I ordered a headlight harness upgrade for my truck, went to put it on and it wasn't working correctly. Called them, and they sent me out a new one, told me to keep the one I had. I installed the new one and everything worked perfectly. After closer examination, the first harness the sent out had four terminals that were backwards, changed them up, Now I got two harnesses. I felt kinda bad not telling them about it, but the glitch was on them.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Here's what I planned on doing. Mine only has a couple holes in and is faded.

When it gets warmer, take it off clean it, spray it with some sort of adhesive. Lay a layer of cloth or something over it, spray it down make it hard enough it's solid, then sand it smooth and treat it and rhino line the **** out of it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Yah that's what I meant was the the cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
78ALB