Speaking of dash pads......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seen these before here and there on resto-mods. Apparently some place in Covina (?) CA makes them. No idea how much but I imagine they're pretty proud of them. I have mixed feelings about it - kind of cool but I think to re-orientate the vents vertically might look better with the higher dash. Dunno. To just put a filler panel where they raised it is kind of lame.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Seen these before here and there on resto-mods. Apparently some place in Covina (?) CA makes them. No idea how much but I imagine they're pretty proud of them. I have mixed feelings about it - kind of cool but I think to re-orientate the vents vertically might look better with the higher dash. Dunno. To just put a filler panel where they raised it is kind of lame.

You must be registered for see images attach
Looks like someone was going for the "squared off '95-98 GM truck interior/dashboard" look....granted I've been sitting behind that late OBS dash for several years now.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
FWIW.....the company that makes these is TMI. They also make door panels ($1400-1800/pr), the dash ($1400-1600ea) and then a leather bench seat with fold down armrest/cupholder for the low low price of $4800. And if you have any money left, IIRC there's a standard headliner for about $600 too.

I'd have to sell the truck to buy the interior.

Last edited:

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
FWIW.....the company that makes these is TMI. They also make door panels ($1400-1800/pr), the dash ($1400-1600ea) and then a leather bench seat with fold down armrest/cupholder for the low low price of $4800. IIRC there's a standard headliner for about $600 too.

I'd have to sell the truck to buy the interior.
I considered the TMI stuff when I started my project, if they had some more conservative options I would still e considering them. All their stuff seems to have colored stitching, metal rivets or grommets, and the only cloth patterns are plaids

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I considered the TMI stuff when I started my project, if they had some more conservative options I would still e considering them. All their stuff seems to have colored stitching, metal rivets or grommets, and the only cloth patterns are plaids
I like their seats - alot. Needs headrests though IMO. That dash is interesting...but if you're going to demand that kind of coin, it better be more interesting than a Herman Munster prosthetic added to the top. The way that insert fits in the upper right corner (on the passenger side) is inexcusable too.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

That's what bothers me about a lot of their stuff. The tarp grommets in the seat covers are NOT my style.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
I hate TMI's dash and door panels, their seats are the only things I like