Let's see your broken tool... o.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 164

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
No pics but I broke a 3/8 extension and a 3/8 breaker bar trying to swap the wheels+tires from my 98 Silverado to my 95 Suburban before I sell the 98. Hopefully they will honor the warranty - metal shouldn't just break like that. I won't mention that I was jumping on it ;) And no, I was not able to get them all off.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Usually when I break it I really needed it and it goes sailing with 2 lungfulls of swear words lol

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
Did @Old77 ask you to post this??? :shrug:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
How about those stupid electric impact guns. Everybody seems to keep giving me 1 or 2 each year. They are such junk! LOL The first one literally went up in flames! And then after it caught fire I got out my breaker bar and spun the nut off LMAO Complete junk!

Every other one has faired about the same. And every time the breaker bar has taken the nut off when the gun wont LOL Maybe it vibrates some rust loose but they don't spin anything off LOL

That is high quality China for you !!! I would be so embarrassed to be Chinese! Destroy the Earth with toxic chemicals and pollution so you can produce complete and utterly useless freakin junk!

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
That is high quality China for you !!! I would be so embarrassed to be Chinese! Destroy the Earth with toxic chemicals and pollution so you can produce complete and utterly useless freakin junk!

People buy it tho.........

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I love my air impact, but even that was probably made in China. Friggin' Ingersoll-Rand. Took my LS flywheel bolts off like they were hand tight, though, and it sounds like NASCAR at WOT, so I guess I can't complain too much. I don't think I've ever actually broken a tool yet, though. Knock on wood.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
All I would have to show for my busted rachets would be my busted knuckles.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
How about those stupid electric impact guns. Everybody seems to keep giving me 1 or 2 each year. They are such junk! LOL The first one literally went up in flames! And then after it caught fire I got out my breaker bar and spun the nut off LMAO Complete junk!

Every other one has faired about the same. And every time the breaker bar has taken the nut off when the gun wont LOL Maybe it vibrates some rust loose but they don't spin anything off LOL

I used a snap on cordless 3/8 drive impact to disassemble my old motor and it was bad ass. Too bulky though. Im a fan of air. If you keep oil in them and keep the water out of your tank even the cheap ones hold up quite awhile.

Sent from an old rotary telephone.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

I use a black and decker firestorm impact, does pretty good for a 20$ tool

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Nah these things are like Canadian Tire crap! Master Crap or something :whymewhyme: Pretty much every thing they sell is from China. I personally boycott that store just for that reason!

Its too funny how I keep ending up with these piles o crap every year LOL I wouldn't spend 10 cents on one!

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

Haha, since this post I've built my collection up at work, I have the Milwaukee 1/2" 3/8" and 1/4" impacts, the 1/2" does 700ftlb tightening torque and 1000 breaking torque. I wouldn't give them up for anything lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Milwaukee does have the best electric impact imho i used em on the farm sure itd where out after 4-5 years but i beat on it rain sun 100+ in a cornfield workin on broke down irrigations soakin wet laying it in sand there pretty tough as for ingersol on the air stuff im pretty sure tjey cover 80% of the market matco likes to mark em up a couple hundred tho

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Milwaukee does have the best electric impact imho i used em on the farm sure itd where out after 4-5 years but i beat on it rain sun 100+ in a cornfield workin on broke down irrigations soakin wet laying it in sand there pretty tough as for ingersol on the air stuff im pretty sure tjey cover 80% of the market matco likes to mark em up a couple hundred tho

Use mine everyday, love it
And yes all the tool trucks mark everything up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising