Hood Spring(s), Hood, or???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
Creased hoods...yep that will ruin your day. In your other posts regarding hoods and inside releases. Have you considered swapping out to an 80's front clip?. The 80's hoods came with the hood locking mechanism for inside the cab. You may be able to incorporate the hood latch and release for a later year. I guess it really depends on the hood latch itself. My square is an 84, with an 87 silverado front clip. The hood and lock mecahnism came off of an 86 suburban. I had to source the locking mechanism from a donor vehicle and with some minor adjustments, I was able to get it to work. Maybe its possible to do the same for your hood? It may be worth a shot to keep the thieves away.

Anything is possible.. But I may not get to replacing the clip for a while, and I want to secure the vehicle itself ASAP.. Crime is really getting out of control down in the valley, and that's where I have to go to get all the stuff people need to live.. ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb