Let's see where you park your square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
In my own separate part of the driveway. Away from the kids and their bikes, and not where everyone parks and turns around in.

Ben

You must be registered for see images attach

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
That's got to be a new record.

This stain is actually isn't actually in an employee spot so I might get fired.

Instead of fixing my catastrophic oil leak that might make me loose my job, I've been doing important things like swapping in a 4 speed.

lol back in '09 (i think?) when there was that massive oil leak in the gulf of Mexico from a BP oil rig I had a vehicle that leaked probably more than that from just about every seal that was supposed to hold oil. I parked on dirt at work during that time, but briefly while I was between houses (where I would typically park on plywood to not ruin the driveway) for a couple months I rented this ****** efficiency apartment and somehow pulled off having 3 cars there with only one parking spot and nobody ever noticed. The main spot in front of my door for the car I drove daily was on a steep enough hill that oil just poured out of everywhere. One day I came home to a note from the landlord written on a piece of cardboard with sharpie that was literally nailed to the front door, it said "Kevin- please fix your POS car, it looks like BP was here"

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
Y U No fix it?

You tryin to make us look bad - or what? o_O

I tried, but the oil pan started leaking at the corners. I don't feel like pulling the motor again to replace it again, so this is how it is.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
.....in the driveway. The garage is my safe place :)

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
You have to pull the motor to replace the oil pan gasket?

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
My shop, wish it were larger......

That looks awesome! I love everything about it. Very similar to how I would set up and decorate my garage.

I see a Dale Jarrett Lumina I'm guessing is from '93, a Days of Thunder poster, and what looks like might be a picture of a Winton Select lineup from the late 80's or early 90's? Also a poster of what appears to be Bobby Labonte in the mid 90's? Hard to tell because it's a bit dark, but that's my guess!

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
In her garage stall. Rarely ever stays outside over night. Fortunate to have a place to keep it out of the weather year round, while my 2012 that I drive every day sits outside! I feel it's a fair trade/sacrifice. Lol

PeteJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
Yes, Steve I am from Charlotte originally, with lots of NASCAR (the old days) friends & ties. The picture is of the 1st "The Winston" drivers from 1985. A scene from "Days of Thunder" was filmed on the lake close by my house there. The Labontes are good friends, my cousin worked on several teams as the hauler driver. He was at Robert Yates Racing when DJ won a championship & I worked on the Cup program for TRW. My parents were fans and Mom was a NASCAR scorer, so I learned about it early. Good times back then !

That looks awesome! I love everything about it. Very similar to how I would set up and decorate my garage.

I see a Dale Jarrett Lumina I'm guessing is from '93, a Days of Thunder poster, and what looks like might be a picture of a Winton Select lineup from the late 80's or early 90's? Also a poster of what appears to be Bobby Labonte in the mid 90's? Hard to tell because it's a bit dark, but that's my guess!

Shorty81

Baby Boomer
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yes, Steve I am from Charlotte originally, with lots of NASCAR (the old days) friends & ties. The picture is of the 1st "The Winston" drivers from 1985. A scene from "Days of Thunder" was filmed on the lake close by my house there. The Labontes are good friends, my cousin worked on several teams as the hauler driver. He was at Robert Yates Racing when DJ won a championship & I worked on the Cup program for TRW. My parents were fans and Mom was a NASCAR scorer, so I learned about it early. Good times back then !
That was in the great days of NASCAR. Now it's a just another ruined sport....

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size

Hell yeah! That is so damn cool. One of my best friends lives in Mooresville now, and I've been meaning to go down and visit so I can tour some of the race shops. That was the plan last year, we even bought tickets to the 600 in Charlotte, but then COVID happened. I'll make it down there sometime soon.

I'm still a big NASCAR fan today, but nothing will ever beat the 90's IMO. When I think of prime NASCAR, I think of the last two decades of the Winston Cup era, the early 80's to the early 2000's. I've collected a decent bit of memorabilia over the years from that period, so I always get excited when I see someone else with cool racing stuff hanging in their garage or whatever.

SK 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
That was in the great days of NASCAR. Now it's a just another ruined sport....

After Winston left, it certainly went downhill for a while. Losing Dale Sr. was such a huge blow to the sport. He was the biggest icon in NASCAR, and I say that as a Gordon fan. Luckily Dale Jr. was there to carry the legacy, but now all the legends are gone and a lot of fans have had a hard time finding a new driver when their guy isn't racing anymore.

I think Brian France really screwed things up with the playoff format, the ugly cars with no brand identity, the stale track schedule with too many cookie cutters, the constant changing of the rules and points, and all kinds of other gimmicks that happened after 2003. I wonder how different things might have been if Dale Sr. had still been around for all of it. Even just as a driver and team owner he had such a huge impact on the direction of the sport, because when he spoke, people listened. I think we could have avoided a lot of the nonsense changes that alienated the loyal fanbase. The silver lining is that safety improvements became a huge priority and we haven't lost another driver since Dale's death. And Brian France isn't around anymore, and they seem to have competent people in charge now.

The sport is still changing a lot, but they are very honest about their mistakes of the past and kind of undoing a lot of their screwups. The cars are getting more and more "stock" looking. The next gen car that's going to debut next year should help the quality of racing, and they are adding a ton more variety to the track lineup. There's a lot to like about NASCAR still, even though they lost their way for a while and will never get back to what they once were.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk