Let's see where you park your square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350
You must be registered for see images attach

She's being a total pig. Thought i'd be nice and replace her leaky power steering line, but have blown my second replacement now. WHATS THE DEAL? Putting in power steering fluid, as it already had in it, and bleeding her out. she keeps blowing..

CRM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
350 CI

She's being a total pig. Thought i'd be nice and replace her leaky power steering line, but have blown my second replacement now. WHATS THE DEAL? Putting in power steering fluid, as it already had in it, and bleeding her out. she keeps blowing..

Have you changed out the pump? Have you removed the flow regulator to see if it's plugged?

Powerhouse Ranch

3G Connoisseur
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
1980 & 1988
Truck Model
C25 & V15
Engine Size
454 & 350

POWER STEERING PROBLEM SOLVED

SO my tip of advice to everyone with a Square pertaining to probably any part on your truck:

If your part is damaged a little or leaking a little, sometimes it's best to leave it go. There's nothing like an original, name brand piece compared to new reproduction garbage. For my power steering hose, my old gear to reservoir hose was damp, and figured hey, why not? LMC'd a hose, they f**ked me. Got another one, f**ked me again. Put the old one on, good as new. Just gotta top off the power steering fluid every so often. When it does blow eventually, i'll go to NAPA (a real parts store) or order a genuine hose.

MAIN TAKE AWAY:

China crap is crap.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
2 car garage at home.

Multiple pickup shed at work. Dirt and gravel yard keeps me busy cleaning.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
76 lives in the driveway and the 79 in the garage.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The only problem I see with grass is you can roll a creeper on grass. And it's always been my luck that my truck breaks down in the driveway or out on the street parked next to the curb.
That's okay, but I always worry about having my legs run over because I've seen cars drive right next to the truck when passing by. My photo of my truck to the left is in my drive. And it's a piss ant driveway barely wide enough for the width of my truck. My question is, my house was built in 1955, ever seen a '50's car that was as tiny as some little Honda? '50's cars were where the term "boat" or "ship" was coined. If you look at my photo to the left, my truck is on the right hand edge. There's about a foot on the other side. I park like that so the edge of the yard doesn't become a muddy trench there next to the truck. You got just enough concrete to walk next to the truck if you close the door of the truck before you walk by it to the house. We've had plans to widen our drive but it hasn't happened yet.

Raider L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
William
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The old concrete of my drive nothing else works but plain 'ol floor dry. I just get to it as quickly as possible before it sinks in. The old concrete is very porous and no kind of soaps or solvents work on it because of that. Believe me, I've tried them all including straight MEK. If you wait, the only thing I found to use on that old ass concrete is to take your foot and just grind the hell out of floor dry, sweep it up, and it comes clean as a whistle.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
The old concrete of my drive nothing else works but plain 'ol floor dry. I just get to it as quickly as possible before it sinks in. The old concrete is very porous and no kind of soaps or solvents work on it because of that. Believe me, I've tried them all including straight MEK. If you wait, the only thing I found to use on that old ass concrete is to take your foot and just grind the hell out of floor dry, sweep it up, and it comes clean as a whistle.

Pics?

Catbox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Mine is daily driven by my kid.
It parks next to the driveway in what used to be grass.
It is now covered in a bed of tree chips we picked up for free from a local tree trimmer.
They help keep the mud at bay and things looking decent.
If we need to work on it, we have to rearrange the cars to get a section of cement.
6 spots in the front of the house and 6 vehicles, one of which is stored in the garage.
2 vehicles run every time.
1 vehicle is grumpy, but can leave the driveway.
1 vehicle is able to move it self around the driveway only.
2 are not operational at all and get pushed.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
Mine is daily driven by my kid.
It parks next to the driveway in what used to be grass.
It is now covered in a bed of tree chips we picked up for free from a local tree trimmer.
They help keep the mud at bay and things looking decent.
If we need to work on it, we have to rearrange the cars to get a section of cement.
6 spots in the front of the house and 6 vehicles, one of which is stored in the garage.
2 vehicles run every time.
1 vehicle is grumpy, but can leave the driveway.
1 vehicle is able to move it self around the driveway only.
2 are not operational at all and get pushed.

Nice Flag you got there!

nabeshin

functioning lunatic
Reaction score
First Name
Grae
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I park in a 100+ year old barn with lots of junk. Has metal siding and roof installed 40-50 years ago but still good-ish. No heat or A/C, or lights (all burned out and up high, lol)

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Maybe one day. I can't just have gravel put down. I need to level the entire area, add some drainage, have gravel put down and then pave it. Believe it or not, it's easier for me to work in grass than on gravel. So any improvement is going to snowball and it will be a whole ordeal, lol.

Yeah...and the fact he is a baby making machine...How many kids you have now Andy? 20--25? LOL