LED lights all around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig S

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7 350
I got 2 light bars (22" and 40") 22" mounted on the front bumper and the 40" on top of the cab. How do I get the wiring to go from the light to under the hood? I bought aftermarket magnetic mounts because I didn't want to drill into the roof, any reviews on them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
If the wire is thin enough you may be able to get it under the outside edges of the windshield molding but it still may get pinched when it goes into the hood. The proper way is to drill a hole into the cab. You can dab the drilled hole with paint so as to cover any exposed metal and use a weather tight grommet. Then run the wire down the A pillar in to the cab to the switch. The power wire will come from the engine bay through the firewall as usual. I understand you dont want to drill your cab but running wires on the exterior is ugly and could just become annoying with needing to repair it.

Craig S

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
5.7 350
If the wire is thin enough you may be able to get it under the outside edges of the windshield molding but it still may get pinched when it goes into the hood. The proper way is to drill a hole into the cab. You can dab the drilled hole with paint so as to cover any exposed metal and use a weather tight grommet. Then run the wire down the A pillar in to the cab to the switch. The power wire will come from the engine bay through the firewall as usual. I understand you dont want to drill your cab but running wires on the exterior is ugly and could just become annoying with needing to repair it.
Thanks for ur input. Im Trying to avoid drill

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Thanks for ur input. Im Trying to avoid drill

I get ya, I dont want to make any unnecessary holes in my Suburban either.

How about a headache rack or roll bar in the bed and mount the light bar to that? Then you can also get some high mounted rear-facing LEDs in case you want to light up your bed or a tailgater.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20