Led Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigge31566

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ervin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Has anyone had problems with led bulbs on their exterior lighting as far as maybe melting the lense, just trying to decide which way to go, park, brake, and reverse

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Biggest thing I have heard of is hyper-flashing. It's just like it sounds... extremely fast flashing due to the drastically reduced load on the circuit.

And they will NOT melt lenses. LED's run much cooler than incandescent bulbs. In fact, many of the truckers I know will NOT run LED lights on their trailers for safety in the winter time. LED lights will not get warm enough to melt the ice and snow off of themselves. Incandescent bulbs however WILL get warm enough to melt the crap off of themselves. That's today fun fact!

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have replaced all of the dash lights, interior, parking, brake, side markers with leds...no hyper flashing problems. X2...leds WILL NOT melt the lenses and they use far less electricity then incandescent filament bulbs...fun fact #2.......not to mention they will outlast incandescents as well.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
No need to worry about melting lenses or anything of that nature.

Do spend the extra bucks to get some quality LEDs though.

Cheaped out a long while back on some wedge bulbs for my truck, and they all flicker like I wanted strobe lights everywhere!

You can also purchase an adjustable led flasher relay from Superbrightleds, but make sure to purchase the correct one for your fuse box pattern!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charkmapman