Kill switch which wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
PS I tell the kid the same thing. Don’t bother locking it unless you obviously have valuable stuff in the cab then it’s flip a coin.
Otherwise, leave it unlocked, and hit the kill switch. A quick entry, start, drive off will likely yield it being left in the most visible public location.

And since the cops care more about traffic safety than stolen vehicles, it has the best chance to get the attention of LE.

Lowered87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
^What he said!
Haven’t done the alarm but totally subscribe to the plan of starts, runs, dies. Crank til the battery is dead and then leave it because it’s attracting attention hopefully in the middle of the road.
Easy with our ‘86 with electric fuel pump (aftermarket system).
Little more of a challenge with a mechanical pump engine. Maybe consider an economical electric fuel shutoff solenoid hid underneath behind the tank switchover valve cover. If it’s dual tank.
My hidden switch is different. Considered the cig lighter trick but it gets used for charging phones.
I tested the no fuel theory. The Edelbrock on the truck will start and run long enough to idle it for a bit and drive a couple hundred yards. Sitting idling it will run for almost a minute.
My goal is if it gets boosted somewhere in public (in town here, from typical places like a parking lot), it’ll run long enough to get out into a main road or at least down the street. And then it’ll just crank with no fuel supply from either tank.
If you were going for the most simple, I’d intercept the neutral safety switch wire. That’s the least hackery of wiring. Except that’s a no crank so immediate knowledge by a thief that it has a kill switch.
IMO it’s as much about confusing the theif for a bit as it is scaring them off (alarm).

For the 2WD guys that are lowered: Air out of the bags sitting on the frame rails and the compressor power is interrupted. Try to move a truck sitting on frame rails.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
batt kill switch

Mach5

Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
My first choice would still be the MagnaVolt.

MagnaVolt... the final word in auto security. No embarrassing alarm noise, no need to bother the police.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
YA MAGNA VOLT yeppers

Forum statistics