Kill switch ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
@Ricko1966 Im aware of these switches and fuel cutoff setups. It is common on many different kinds of equipment where you want fuel to shut off in case of an accident. sometimes they are in the seat,some a roll over switch, sometimes they work off a magnet that when power is killed it snaps shut. Ive even seen similar devices on appliances ive repaired to stop the flow of water into the ice maker if power goes out.

I really didn't think about using it in that way for this. Good idea!!

tobiahr

Reaction score
First Name
Tobiah
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer 2wd
Engine Size
L59 5.3 swap

dsteelejr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
1973, 1980
Truck Model
Cheyenne super C20 camper special, Sierra K25
Engine Size
350, 454
Progression Ignition makes distributors that you can connect to with a tablet or smart phone via Bluetooth. The main purpose is so you can customize your timing table and advance curve with your smart phone or tablet instead of changing the springs or vacuum advance canister to get your timing exactly how you want it. I’m mentioning this here because it also has an anti-theft feature that allows you to disable the distributor from your phone. Externally it is a drop-in replacement for a stock distributor with no extra boxes or wiring required like with MSD and they make them in HEI and small cap with external coil styles. The HEI will set you back about $459. Expensive for an anti theft device, but thought it was worth mentioning. Unfortunately, it won’t help with electrical issues like a battery cut-off switch.

https://progressionignition.com/

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Swearbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
355 sbc
Yeah those progression ignitions are the new beez knees. I came across them recently and thought if one plans to go sniper it would be a must have.

DrPrepper

Reaction score
First Name
Dwight
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
400ci
Simple push button on/off in the ash tray is out of sight....I only use one fuel tank on my truck so the fuel tank valve is easy to turn towards the empty tank

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Three on the Tree, that'll deter 'em...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
1,000 volts wired to the door handles and hood latch for the non-cable actuated hood latches... :shocked:

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just talked to a guy today who got his ‘84 Chevy stolen and our friends kid was playing football in the hood a couple days ago and someone stole his backpack off the sidelines.
Wallet, keys with remote, phone, etc.
and they remote started his Jeep from a hiding spot shortly after but didn’t get to steal it cause him and a few of his football buddies were guarding it.

Since my kids truck has an electric fuel pump, which is not obvious as it’s carbed, unless your car thief is also a Chevy engine expert, before he’s driving it, I’m going to wire in a discreet deadman switch to the fuel pump relay. Cheap, easy and relatively secure.
Most hockey rinks are in the bad parts of town so his truck will be a target.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My truck is getting a MPFI 454. Part of the swap is wiring up the factory harness with lots of modifications for the various options and changes I'm making. I'm adding a disconnect switch for the ECU power and a momentary for the starter. Even if they can hotwire it to crank, it won't start without the right pins on the ECU getting power. I'm also thinking about getting one of those GPS trackers. Its not a problem in my area to get through to the sheriffs or police and if they somehow managed to get it running and drove off with it, it would be good to find it fast so they didn't tear it up too much
What tracker do you have in mind? I have been pondering this as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man