Kickdown Cable Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
I have a TH350 and when I bought the truck the kickdown cable was not hooked up and it was lying between the engine and the passenger side fender. Seeing that it looked like the accelerator cable I moved it to the other side of the engine and bolted it to the bottom of the accelerator butterfly or whatever it is called. Now I don't have the bracket that it needs to hold it in position. Does anyone have pictures of where it goes and what it looks like? I've looked it up online but they all look different.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
This is what you are looking for
You must be registered for see images attach

It mounts like this

Last edited:

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Thank you, yep, I went to my local auto dismantler and pulled one off a Sierra grande that was there. It was a K15 and it still had some parts I can use, so bonus for me!!!! Oh yeah, the other thing I got was the knob for the floor shift with the 4wd gear select on top it was original so I'm very happy about that!

Last edited:

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Actually there are two different style of brackets.

Being a 75 (based on his profile) the throttle bracket is one that attaches to the back of the carb via 2 bolts and then there is another seperate one for the kickdown cable which also has a provision hole for the brake booster solid line.

This is the qudrajet one that I have on my truck:
You must be registered for see images

And you can see in the bottom right the kickdown bracket that I'm referring to that I have in my truck as well. The round hole is where the hard line for the brake booster ran through which is also a obscure piece to find.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
That is the one that I bought, it bolts to the intake I hope because that's where I bolted it. I used the longer bolts that were in the K15 that I got the bracket from since the bolts that were in my intake were shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
Actually there are two different style of brackets.

Being a 75 (based on his profile) the throttle bracket is one that attaches to the back of the carb via 2 bolts and then there is another seperate one for the kickdown cable which also has a provision hole for the brake booster solid line.

This is the qudrajet one that I have on my truck:
You must be registered for see images

And you can see in the bottom right the kickdown bracket that I'm referring to that I have in my truck as well. The round hole is where the hard line for the brake booster ran through which is also a obscure piece to find.
The bracket I bought looks like the one pictured with the Edlebrock carb. I also have a Eddy carb but accelerator cable bracket is attached to the back of the carb. Will the stock kickdown cable bracket still work?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
You MIGHT be able to make it work but the stock bracket is shaped to that and meant to work with a quadrajet.

If you are 100% serious then I would be buying the proper bracket.

tiredtiretodd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K 25
Engine Size
@ firebane. What type of throttle linkage are you using in the picture. Mine is a cable so I'm wondering if I could switch up to that type?

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
@ firebane. What type of throttle linkage are you using in the picture. Mine is a cable so I'm wondering if I could switch up to that type?

Not my setup lol. Was just showing the bracket. I'd love to use a solid linkage myself but don't think its capable on a quadrajet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigjump73