Just Left Shop Help Pls!!??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
Well... no this is not likely. But possibly a stuck caliper... but then you could detect that wheel or rotor getting hot, and most likely would smell burnt brake toast. But sometimes with a well worn pad you can't smell burnt brake like a new pad for example.
So check that brake temp on the side it's pulling...

I think it is caliper my break that was took off had cuts or rips on edge i was told caliper! Now question is where is best to buy parts and where to have it done? I do know where I'm not going!! My biggest fear is that someone is gonna really screw it up! Its my only vehicle at the moment! and either way i have had enough with stupids and rip offs! grrr Oh and I cant smell anything over the stale gas my carbarator is sticking also i suck at spelling lol every once in awhile someone opens it up hoping to help the high gas usage, Until they can get around to helping me with it. But that is an hr an half away an they been saying when they get time or for me to just leave it they will work on it for a few days but as u know its my only transportation! And months has passed

Last edited:

ChevroletChic3318

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
CC
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 V8
If you didn't freak her out with your, um,.. recommendations? I don't think that one will make her disappear either. She seems to be made of stronger stuff than that.

Oh ha ha is this the one and only Tech Thread Guy glad to see u dropping in after u kicked me off ur comment lmao! You all are goofballs funny but goofy! Bet not many dull ones with him around!!!! lol And yea I was once married it thickened my skin right up! Heck I tend to be rougher than most the men in my old town lmao

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Name a place you can drop in, get your truck fixed and get all this entertainment all in once place??? And for FREE !!!

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I have another chevy that looks kinda like this one u have in the pic but urs is way better shape left that for the ex lol! Oh wait different year sry mine has diff head lights

Dont be fooled it aint that nice, it basically needs a new body.

Wow ty and no never knew to even ask thats good advice! I recently found out my ex only changed one brake pad nice right lol Needless to say he has it out for me and my truck lol! But i was told that would only cause it to pull when applying the brake! So the inspector gadget i am i got to looking at the brake he took off well on the edge it has rips in it leaving sharp edges. so now I was told caliber in that case why the hell didnt the shop see this and why am I not feeling or hearing it? I mean my truck is load not loud enough for me but its loud lol maybe thats why!

If he was doing this I wouldnt be surprised if the bearings are loose or damaged in the front wheels causing your vibration and possibly pulling.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Its my only vehicle at the moment!

The gang here can definitely help you get that thing running well but I am concerned that you are using that as your only vehicle right now. Is this something you are going to learn how to work on yourself or do you need to find someone to do all the work for you? My thought, and I will probably be crucified for saying it, is that you need to find an inexpensive commuter car for your daily driver.

I'm not saying that you can't use this vehicle for a daily driver, but if you are hauling your kids around you are going to want to make sure that it is safe (brakes, steering) and reliable (fuel delivery) if you want to use it for daily driving. If you are going to learn to do the work yourself, these guys can absolutely help you get where you need to get to, but it will take time and some of these things may leave your ride down for a bit.

It also makes sense to have something that gets 20+ MPG when you have to run kids around.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ha Ha I'm a mom and was a wife I better know how to cook lol if I couldn't I woulda been getting a divorce sooner:p And yeah I know that feeling I get 100 mile to a tank I think I need a tune up!lol
If you need front end parts I got those. I guess I’m kinda known around here for that though. Lol

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
Where is a cross??? These are inexpensive. A newer econo turd, yes will be easier on fuel but harder to diagnose when **** goes bad.
Your points are not invalid, but I was advocating a second vehicle and not a replacement.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Your points are not invalid, but I was advocating a second vehicle and not a replacement.
Not a bad idea, but yep 2nd vehicle does SOMETIMES mean more insurance expense etc. I once kept a square that I didn't want just because to get the multi car discount on my $50,000 truck for the full coverage. If I dropped the Square, my insurance went up cuz I lost the multi car discount on the high end full coverage vehicle, so I kept minimum liabilty on the square that was hardly driven to keep the multi car discount.

JTWard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500 Silverado
Engine Size
350 Gasoline
Waynesburg PA (Greene County) Just moved back from WV
Hi, I live just south of Philadelphia airport. You are too far I guess, but so long as you don't have 4WD then any capable alinement shop should be able to set the camber and caster. FWTW did you do any history on the truck ? Before you through any more money in it. I'd go to a GOOD body shop with a Hunter frame rig. Once mounted on the machine the technician should se if you frame is straight. You are running pretty big shoes on it and that can throw off the geometry of the truck. I have a 88 Blazer and a 1990 Silverado long bed. You know, I'd ask truckers, big 18 wheelers where a good shop around your corner of the state. I take my blazer there for my alinement. Just because they work on BIG trucks doesn't mean they can't do your truck. With all these threads, I'm sure your a little confused, I am from just reading them. Look , ask get good on the ground where your home is. OH,
You must be registered for see images attach

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Before we work on the truck I think we need to work on ChevroletChic's stream-of-consciousness writing style. It's awfully hard to put the pieces together. Maybe we should call it Scream-of-consciousness. Paragraphs young lady! Use paragraphs!

Anyway, the gist of what I have here is she took it to shop 1 for an alignment and it came back with a pull to the right. Shop 2 worked on it and now the wheel is crooked, it wobbles at certain speeds and now the brakes pull right also. Plus there's a parasitic draw on the battery and they fixed an oil leak without changing the rear main seal. Is that all?

Oh yeah, the temp gauge and the mileage.

It seems the most important thing we need to clarify first is are you trying to do this work yourself, or are you trying to get a handle on what needs to be done so you can work with a repair shop? If you're going to attempt it yourself do you have the tools and the time?

Everything here is fixable and either you or a decent shop should be able to address the problems. My concern is if you go to a shop with "I looked on the internet and I found this..." People with hands and eyeballs on the problem have a different perspective than people with a keyboard. That's just the reality of fixing things.

You'll get excellent support here either way. But I'd like to know what your plan is.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Also, membership survey:

Should she be doing different threads on the separate problems? Different thread for the temp gauge, for the mileage etc.? We're over 100 posts into this and it's only going to get harder to keep track.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I also vote that each major issue should be split into a separate thread to help keep things on track as well.

@ChevroletChic3318 You can use the +Multi tab on the bottom of posts to reply to several posts in one go versus having separate quotes for each one. Should make it a little bit easier to read, especially if more than one member has the same question/ or both can be answered at the same time.

We're definitely here to help out and answer any questions you've got. Pictures help big time in being able to diagnose some issues or verifying if something looks correct. Videos would be amazing to be able to help out with if you're trying to diagnose a weird noise or symptom that may be hard to describe with words.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1977chevyc30