It has finally begun...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
After many years of false hopes I have FINALLY taken FRANKENTRUCK to the first major step toward painting!! It has always had the trademark cab corner rust that squarebodies have, along with the windshield corners. Everytime I was getting ready to start the de-rusting/ painting procedure with saved money some MAJOR mechanical malfunction would ALWAYS happen to the truck to take that money away. This is of course why the truck has been a patchwork quilt for so long. My friends wanted me to paint it as-is, but I do NOT paint over rust because it looks trashy and the expensive paint would be wasted. This work is being done by a neighbor of mine for the price of two 1974 Dodge Charger bucket seats that I am bartering. So this time there is NO money involved for the ever-present jinx to take away! The windshield has been removed and the windshield rail rust (worse than I thought) has been cut away and re-welded. The left cab corner I bought from LMC is welded in to replace the old rusted-to-death one. Next up is the right-side corner welded and various rust spots and dents. After this is completed another friend of mine and I are going to sandblast the truck down to bare metal and prime it. Then the truck goes back to my welder neighbor, and for the bartering price of a 1977 bicycle, he is painting it the color of my choice. Again, NO money involved to be taken away by a mechanical jinx! The hardest part was getting someone to do the body work for a decent price. I can hardly wait for this to be completed!! Pictures coming soon!

robert8096

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Glad to hear it. Post up some pics and drop by and let me see it.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
What color did you decide to go with?

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Cool! Looking forward to seeing it all one color :D

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I like it multicoloured...Reminds me of those Volkwagen Harlequin Golf that were offered that way.

You must be registered for see images attach

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Wow, that little hatchback reminds me of my freshman roommates geo with a purple body, 1 teal door, a teal gas tank cover and a yellow hood...wasn't supposed to be fugly though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76