Irishman's tools

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
NIce job man.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
A kid listed a tool box in the classified last night for 100 bucks. I jumped on the deal and got it this morning. The old one is on craigslist and getting calls, once I sell it I upgraded for only 40 bucks. This one I just got is brand ****** new, has alot more room and it locks.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This Fortress Box is the new one, or the one you're selling?

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
This Fortress Box is the new one, or the one you're selling?

The Fortress is my new box, I scored it for 100 bucks. I have my old one for sale on craigslist.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
The fortress box is enormous compared to my previous one. I spent hours cutting out the drawer liner for the drawers. The biggest bonus to this all is after organizing everything and discovering I have 3 of every hand tool I put together a backup took set with my crappier tools to put in the truck. It goes perfect with the Husky socket set my wife bought for herself. I absolutely hated having all my good tools rolling around in the tool box of my 85. I was always worried about someone breaking into it and stealing them, besides that it was very un organized and hard to find what I need. Now I have a case full of sockets and rachets as well as plenty of cheap screw divers and cheap pliers for repairs if I need, and my good tool set can stay safely organized and locked away in this new box.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You didn't get hurt for $100 for a full width ball bearing slide drawers box. I've got 2 towers of the non ball bearing Craftsman boxes. I want to upgrade someday. I actually like those Harbor Freight ball bearing boxes for the money. The quality appears to be up there with the big boys. Even the wheels weren't so bad.

I'd like to go from this:
attachment.php

To This:
attachment.php

Attachments

• USGeneralSet2.jpg
    USGeneralSet2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 108

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
You didn't get hurt for $100 for a full width ball bearing slide drawers box. I've got 2 towers of the non ball bearing Craftsman boxes. I want to upgrade someday. I actually like those Harbor Freight ball bearing boxes for the money. The quality appears to be up there with the big boys. Even the wheels weren't so bad.

I'd like to go from this:
attachment.php

To This:
attachment.php

Are you tall enough that box? I'm 5-9 and it almost as tall as I am. I wanna say there about 5-5.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Are you tall enough that box? I'm 5-9 and it almost as tall as I am. I wanna say there about 5-5.

I'm 6.2 and have to do tippy toes to get in the top of the taller box. And notice, that tall box is on the shorter base cabinent. That set up with the 4 drawer was on the taller cabinet. I had to have a step stool to get in the top of it and the top 2 rows of drawers, so that it why I bought the shorter base cabinent. Tippy toes works now, no need for step stool anymore. And those 2 towers don't even hold all my tools. I have some of my other tools in the gang box. But anyway, I'm stealing Imanns thunder here and don't wanna. I have a tool link too, its just not got much in it.

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=735
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 86_C20 019.jpg
    86_C20 019.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member