Interior Rear View Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Silverado dual temp compass here too. my trucks not original “stock” but everything in it is GM

You must be registered for see images attach

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have a full replacement auto dim with backup camera mirror on my suburban. And couple of the compass ones laying around

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
This id like to see
Not a very good picture, but it has been good for 3 or so years now. Works great to verify hitch position or get as close as possible when backing up. When off can't really tell that there is a screen behind. It was pricy around $260. Cheaper once don't work, I had a ksource brand one that broke within a month of use and was just made poorly. I probably have more pictures in my build thread, but have to look some more for them.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
That's some nice mirrors. I can't get my cheap ass on to stay on the fuckn windshield. Just falls off. So mine is sitting on the cab floor. Lol

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Eskimomann, how did you get your old mirror mounting tab off? I just picked up that mirror, but am reluctant to pull my tab off my brand new windshield. They just had to make the new tab slightly bigger...

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Eskimomann, how did you get your old mirror mounting tab off? I just picked up that mirror, but am reluctant to pull my tab off my brand new windshield. They just had to make the new tab slightly bigger...

Heat the glass from the outside with a heat gun. Using a sharp razor scraper work around all sides of the mount. Don't forget to mark the outside where the tab is located. Lighter fluid is also a good glue solvent.

Dmack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thx for the ideas

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
In other cars/ trucks I used the Squarebody mounting. Then others I did the heat and scraper idea. some times I’m lucky and she pops right off.

Jeff Lewis

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
Can anyone tell me the measurement in inches for stock c10 rear view mirror, from antennae button to bottom of mirror holder. Replaced windshield, wrote measurement down, lost it. I know it was either 14 or 16 inches. Thanks.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
you mean the bottom of the button?

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Can anyone tell me the measurement in inches for stock c10 rear view mirror, from antennae button to bottom of mirror holder. Replaced windshield, wrote measurement down, lost it. I know it was either 14 or 16 inches. Thanks.
show me what you mean on these

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you arent going period correct then any modern era (late 90's up) mirror would serve nicely. Gentex is a major manufacturer and adding any wiring is as simple as power (or switched source) and ground for auto dimming. Map lights and temp would be another bit of wiring but thats pretty straight forward too. If you go with a temp reading mirror try to get a package with the harness. If you go to a junk yard you should be able to snag it all for under $40.
I agree this or the one with the back up camera that clips over your old mirror.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad