Inner Fender Black Paint Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldretiredafguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1988, 1988, 1991, 1983
Truck Model
GMC V-Jimmy, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC Suburban 4WD, GMC-2500 CrewCab
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350
MGB's are nifty little cars. But with the roll-up windows, not as rustic as the TR-3 or Morgans. (TR-3 was known as the 'poor man's Morgan'!

1STLS1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MIchael
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Agree, but my paint shop is doing the actual spray job, and we're trying to get back to close to original as we can.

Sports cars? If you know of anyone looking to sell a Triumph TR-3, pls let me know. I have a hankering to drag my knuckles one more time.

You must be registered for see images attach
There are numerous brands and shades of semi gloss black available in powder coat, I am confident you will find one that is a match. In my situation, subletting stuff like this out keeps the project from getting stalled. Close enough is good enough for my drivers.

With regards to the old Triumph, I will certainly keep my eyes and ears open, you never know what you will run into out here. Feel free to reach out if you see something out here and want somebody to look at it first. Your a true purist if you into TR-3s. Most of the guys here wouldn't get it. A girl I dated had a MGA. It was just a different time and era with a different way of thinking about things. Detroit was going bigger with more chrome and these were so utilitarian and simple.

I love the old sports cars and the experience but not the maintenance or challenges keeping them on the road anymore so ours are just drivers. We have a '82 Alfa Romeo Spider. This was the first year with Bosch electronic fuel injection which made them reliable. The majority of the vehicle pre dates 1960 with minor improvements over the years. A '05 Boxster S with tiptronic and flat 6 cylinder and a newer 718 Boxster S with PDK and a turbo 4 cylinder.

And I play with old trucks...:cool:

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Satin black is like Frank's Red hot to me, I put that S#!^ on everything! Not flat black or too glossy, but just enough of a shine to cover the little imperfections.

Attachments

• truck42.png
    truck42.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 41