ideas wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
i have a problem that i can not find an answer to, I've been noticing that when i am shifting into second gear it does not mater if its from first to second, or down from third, it will almost not go into that gear. it will shift just fine into all of my others. what do you guys think the problem is?

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
i have a problem that i can not find an answer to, I've been noticing that when i am shifting into second gear it does not mater if its from first to second, or down from third, it will almost not go into that gear. it will shift just fine into all of my others. what do you guys think the problem is?

While this sounds like a synchro problem it could very well be old fluid and or a dragging clutch exaggerating a slight synchro problem.

I would look into fresh fluid if you haven't done it in the recommended service interval or didn't use a quality recommended fluid. I know GMs call for a specific penzoil sychroshift fluid from what I recall.
Also be sure your clutch is adjusted properly and not dragging at all.

If not then try double clutching it or rev matching it when you shift.

fishmaster

Reaction score
First Name
marshal
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
thank you! i will give it a try this Friday when i try to get my lion, and if it don't work i guess its off to the shop, $$$$$:bawl: