I don't know where else to post this so...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DanMcG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
1978 1985
Truck Model
k10 k10
Engine Size
400 350
Go welcome 11 new members then you'll have 50 posts and can do and see what we all can.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There are a lot of good people here, and quite honestly I don’t think they know we can’t see what they see since it wasn’t always like that. Theres a lot of redundancy in the posts/questions of new members, which I believe is what caused the memes in this case. I’d give them a break
I am very familiar with how internet forums work, and this one is no different. It does seem to have a lot of helpful and knowledgeable members which is a good thing. Personally, I avoid posting memes when a noob asks a question that has been seen before.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Go welcome 11 new members then you'll have 50 posts and can do and see what we all can.
Unfortunately, I think it means 50 original posts. I will get there before too long!

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Unfortunately, I think it means 50 original posts. I will get there before too long!
It just means 50 posts period, many folks welcome the new members and respond to several posts to get their count up to 50 right away.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I've been on here sooo long I completely forgot about the 50 post thing. Annoying requirement.
Bring it on. As far as me being 'genius' tho, not a chance. That's why I'm here.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
In an effort to smooth things out here, I do think that a couple of you were a bit harsh when this man respectfully asked his question(s). I am a fairly recent addition to this forum so I am very familiar with the 50 post count threshold. I fully believe that those of you that answered with sarcasm either were unaware of this or else forgot it over time. I don't see why anyone would post a sarcastic answer and then get upset if that answer was not appreciated.

As far as this forum being just like every other forum on the internet...well it is and then it isn't. I have been on forums where every question was met with withering sarcasm and "Do a Search Noob!". Yes, it is a forum just like every other forum but this is one of the mildest and kindest groups I have experienced on any forum. For the most part on any forum you get what you give. Every forum has its own personality and its own "feel".

@t44e6 I would ask that you not judge the entire forum on one interaction. Give the forum and the folks that you are currently unhappy with the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps reach out via PM and work it out. This is a Good Place. These are Good People. I have seen enough meanness on other forums to know.

Doppleganger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
This is by far the most welcoming site - its more like a lodge than a truck site. I have seen the same question asked 20x and at worst, will get a general answer with a link to the searchable answer. What I dont see here much is when a new arrival wants to change/add to the site and hasn't been here long enough to get a minimal post count. Had the OP asked a question about anything automotive or truck related, he would have no doubt gotten a 'welcome' and an answer to his question. If it was a question asked / answered 20x, he might have gotten a 'search for it' - along with an answer, and no one would have cared. I still dont care about what he wants to do. If he's bent over a meme response, might want to check other places out (try Pirate 4x4 for starts).

I will agree that the 50 post rule (been on sites that were more), although necessary to weed out bots and scammers (and even then we get one here and there)....to prohibit from even seeing the off topic areas is a tad extreme. Sure, no posting there until post counts or time is met, but cant even have a look around? Odd.

animal

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 silverado
Engine Size
350ish
I thought once you joined the 50 posts was only on the for sale. First I have EVER heard of other parts of the forum being off limits until 50. @bucket @Old77 @HotRodPC ??? Possibly a recent change based on other feedback in the thread?

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
So, all of the genius level responders posting Judge Judy and STNG memes are being as clueless/inattentive as they are implying I am? Shocking that this forum is exactly like every other forum on the web.
Being a dick isn't going to help much.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
As far as this forum being just like every other forum on the internet...well it is and then it isn't. I have been on forums where every question was met with withering sarcasm and "Do a Search Noob!". Yes, it is a forum just like every other forum but this is one of the mildest and kindest groups I have experienced on any forum. For the most part on any forum you get what you give. Every forum has its own personality and its own "feel".

@t44e6 I would ask that you not judge the entire forum on one interaction. Give the forum and the folks that you are currently unhappy with the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps reach out via PM and work it out. This is a Good Place. These are Good People. I have seen enough meanness on other forums to know.
yep, pretty much what I was thinking of saying. After spending years on this forum, now I pretty much only browse the other forums I used to frequent on occasion looking for info because the people there are all ridiculous. Being here has made me realize how much most other forums suck, and I can't stand the attitude of most people on the internet.

OP- This really is a good place full of mostly decent folk. I think you just got off on the wrong foot. Don't let it bother you so much, this site really isn't like those others trust me. Don't take it so seriously. Best not to take it heart, obviously this is still the internet we can be a little sarcastic and whatnot once in a while but just let that sh!t roll off your back, this site is full of dudes who drive old trucks, we're not a sensitive bunch lol. Jeez, are all people from NH so whiny?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M37M35