Howdy from Oklahoma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I used to get down that way often. The ex has family in Purcell, Rosedale and Paoli.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Gotcha. I know a few, but more in the Pauls Valley area.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
I don't know this guy personally, but I've been to his lot several times. Here's one of my loads I picked up the pick up there and the Ski was supposed to go in the back of the truck. That didn't happen cuz of all the debris from 2 wrecked cars in the back of it, so I had to improvise, with a broken ski trailer that I picked up in Durant. Used Straps to hold the trailer together and keep it from buckling and dragging the ground. A bit sketchy but it made it to OKC off of SE 15th Street. :happy175:

You must be registered for see images attach

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
I don't know this guy personally, but I've been to his lot several times. Here's one of my loads I picked up the pick up there and the Ski was supposed to go in the back of the truck. That didn't happen cuz of all the debris from 2 wrecked cars in the back of it, so I had to improvise, with a broken ski trailer that I picked up in Durant. Used Straps to hold the trailer together and keep it from buckling and dragging the ground. A bit sketchy but it made it to OKC off of SE 15th Street. :happy175:

Yup, I know ol' Talkington. I bet you were a little puckered pulling that down the interstate!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yup, I know ol' Talkington. I bet you were a little puckered pulling that down the interstate!

Puckered was an understatment. Tighter than a knats ass I promise. Worst part was I couldn't see the Ski in my mirrors and just has to hope that trailer was staying together. I loved that drive Durant and Ardmore. I usually went down South and got 2 and then coming back with 2 loaded down the Arbuckle Mountain and just let that Pete eat all the way through that long curve at 84mph. That thing handled like a sports car loaded with 2.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Unless he's expanded, I beleive all he does is light and medium duty. Hopefully he's not in on that feud for the heavies.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
Unless he's expanded, I beleive all he does is light and medium duty. Hopefully he's not in on that feud for the heavies.
I don't know that much about the towing business. I'm just glad I don't have to keep the hours a lot of y'all do.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
not gonna look good with a business sign on the side and that brush guard on it. what you want for it? :) lol nice truck man.
Lol. I'll find that out the hard way, thank you. Honestly, I'm still torn about the brush guard and grille combo. It just seems like a lot of chrome tubing on top of chrome tubing. I kind of wonder what it would look like with a stock grille behind the brush guard.

The PO made this truck out of two. He had an older 1 ton Western Hauler truck that got totaled in a storm. Then he went out and found this truck with a seized 350 and swapped out the engine. The grille and brush guard came from that Western Hauler.

What do y'all say? Keep the aftermarket grille or go to something different?
You must be registered for see images

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
It is kinda distracting but i dont think it looks too bad
Lol. I'll find that out the hard way, thank you. Honestly, I'm still torn about the brush guard and grille combo. It just seems like a lot of chrome tubing on top of chrome tubing. I kind of wonder what it would look like with a stock grille behind the brush guard.

The PO made this truck out of two. He had an older 1 ton Western Hauler truck that got totaled in a storm. Then he went out and found this truck with a seized 350 and swapped out the engine. The grille and brush guard came from that Western Hauler.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't know that much about the towing business. I'm just glad I don't have to keep the hours a lot of y'all do.

We don't keep work hours. We work'em all. 24/7/365

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Great Pic. I like the truck too. Shoulda never mentioned I have access to a tow truck. :happy175: I wouldn't be the one with it anyway, I want mine in a 4x4.

LukeDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2500
Engine Size
You're not allowed to say things like this until you're a supporting member.
I was just trying it out, seeing how it feels first.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force

was razzin' ya....it looks fine.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Little busy with all the horizontal bars. I would 86 the brush guard and just put an OEM Bowtie on the tube grill.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajiuo666