How to videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87SQRBDY

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Hello all, I've been searching everywhere I can for how to videos for my 87 R10 and it's hard to find any that are specific to my truck. I know there's a range of time that trucks are about the same, but is there any where on the interweb that shows specific trucks by the year and not year range like 1973-87?

The vids I have come across usually tend to be pretty decent and have helped me and others along the way.

Apologies for the long thread and thank you for your time and remember to

Never let your emotions override your intelligence.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hello all, I've been searching everywhere I can for how to videos for my 87 R10 and it's hard to find any that are specific to my truck. I know there's a range of time that trucks are about the same, but is there any where on the interweb that shows specific trucks by the year and not year range like 1973-87?

The vids I have come across usually tend to be pretty decent and have helped me and others along the way.

Apologies for the long thread and thank you for your time and remember to

Never let your emotions override your intelligence.
Depends on what you want to see. The reason for the range, is that most parts are the same. If you want to see how to replace the door weather stripping around the cab it won't matter if the video is of a 81,87, 74, 79 it's all the same. If you want to see how to rebuilt the vent windows there is two different styles on the different generations of the trucks but the principle is the same and everything is almost identical except a few small details, and the gasket is 1 vs 2 piece. If you want to know about the fuel injection then yea your going to need to watch 87 videos cause that's the only year of the bodystyle that had it...unless you watch blazer or Suburban videos.....you can even watch some gmt400 or old body style videos and a lot of the stuff will apply. If yo want to look at how to on the rear axle...anything in the 81 to 87 range works and really on to the next body style as well.

So to answer your question that's why there is a range...some very minor things like headlights and bezels and grills were unique but most things followed a very broad year range with some details being the exact same from 73 to the end of the square run in 91 for the Blazer/suburbans.

87SQRBDY

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
80BrownK10

Thanks for the info and clarifications. I've had my 87 for about 11 years now and for the past 6 it's been my daily driver, so I try to make sure I keep it running well. I've driven cross country twice and from NC to NJ and back a couple times.

I guess I'm just trying to keep her running like new or as close as I can till the day I pass it to my son or grandson. Thanks again for your time and info.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I type slower than I think, sorry. I didn't make it clear, but those few examples that I gave are NOT the only differences in the model years, but just a few things I chose to make examples of.

Hope I didn't make it sound as if everything except vent windows rear axle and fuel dilervery were the only changes over the years. But most changes are so small that even on a wrong model year it's so close you can use that video as a guide.

tntbower

Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
sbc 400
Try LMCTruck and BrothersTruck. Both sites have a ton of how to videos

TPISly-C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sly
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10 shortbox
Engine Size
LQ4 6.0L
87 R10 only got the TBI specific for that year, all other thing you need to know are in the range of '81 to '87 (even some '88 to '91 crew cab,blazer,suburban can help you too) ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1