How to Remove Gauges 1987 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcbbabtexas

Reaction score
First Name
Baron
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Ok, once again I am back. Thanks for all the previous help. The previous owner has left a lot of wires that go nowhere behind the dash. I have taken off the bezel, clear cover and black cover behind it. How do you get the white/green colored plastic piece that holds the gauges OUT? I have the screws out but dont want to force it. Also, does anyone know where the wires from the Dual tank selector switch go?

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
You didn't need to remove all that. Reach up behind the cluster and find the speedo cable, you will need to unhook it first. There's a tab holding it to back of the speedometer that you have to push while pulling on the cable. You can then gently slide it to the left and up, it will go just might take a little force but not enough to break anything.

Milblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MilBlazer
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
When you say the wire for the tank selector switch what do you mean? The wires at the fuseblock, the tanks, the switch, or into the engine bay?

bcbbabtexas

Reaction score
First Name
Baron
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
tank selector

I had a previous post where I wasn't getting fuel, realized the passenger tank was empty and the tank selector switch was broken and not even wired. I bought a new switch and some used wires with the plug but need to find out how to wire it since it's not there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub