Horn,dome light, cargo light, and courtesy light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shalpass

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My Horn wasn't working... So I checked fuse and it was blown with a 30 amp fuse in it. I put a 10 amp in it and bam my dome light started working.. Honked the horn and it blew a fuse.. Put a 15 amp in blew right away no honk required... Put a 20 amp in horn fuse ... Dome light worked... Honked horn once... Didn't blow, tried to turn on cargo light blew fuse again.... Any ideas as to where the malfunction may be? Also is the courtesy light and tail lights hooked up on same fuse... My taillights work but no courtesy light in cab... Any ideas there?

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Thats why i hate wiring. I would go through as much wiring as you can and check grounds and check for shorts

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Pull Up the still plate by the door, the dome/cargo light runs through that area, Orange an white wires. They could be cut/broken in that area. The dome or cargo light neither one worked on mine when I got it. It was a combination of a broken wire, that missing horn fuse an a broke horn spring. You also won't have power to the radio constant hot circuit with the horn fuse out. That fuse feeds the circuits at the top left of the fuse box.

The light under the dash is on a different fuse from the dome. Check the bulb if you have power there but it doesn't work. My bulb looked good but replacing it fixed that one.

Shalpass

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have radio when horn fuse blows... And the taillight / courtesy fuse is same on my fuse panel... Taillights work but courtesy doesn't .... Bulb is new

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
Well your down to chasing the wires for the courtesy light an the dome circuit looking for a short or a broken wire then...

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If you have a spare headlight switch, try changing it.

Shalpass

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tried to track those lines below carpet in door seal and they were all good...guess I'll be tracking them further down the road

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp wessels