Cargo and Dome not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Be organized in your troubleshooting.. Guessing will just send you down rabbit holes. Electricity is invisible, you can't depend on your eyes to see it.. You MUST use test instruments. Something as simple as a test light or as complex as a voltmeter will allow you to "see" electricity. Get one or both of these and use them....

Do you have voltage on the fuse box terminal where you connected the orange wire??? If not, recheck for voltage on BOTH ends of the dome light fuse. Do not rule out the possibility of a bad connections in the circuitry on the back of the fuse box itself.. If you do have voltage on the terminal for the orange wire, check for voltage at the dome light.. If no voltage, problem is an open somewhere in the orange wire.. If voltage is there, you have an open somewhere in the white (ground circuit) wire, OR the door jamb switches, and/or the dome light control on the head light switch..

If you can't find the problem, refer back to post #5...

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would like to see a pic of a "cargo" light.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Be organized in your troubleshooting.. Guessing will just send you down rabbit holes. Electricity is invisible, you can't depend on your eyes to see it...

Lol, I disagree. Sometimes you can definitely see electricity when sh¡t really goes wrong :rofl:

Reactions: WFO

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Lol, I disagree. Sometimes you can definitely see electricity when sh¡t really goes wrong :rofl:
I dunno, Bucket.. When **** happens, I don't hang around looking. I run like hell!!! :rofl: :

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag