high speed window motors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevystuff

Reaction score
First Name
erick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Hi all,

is there such a thing as "high speed" motors for our windows?

i know C4C killed a ton of cool niche parts makers. but can anyone recommend FAST motors for these trucks?
post a link

thanks!

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Hi all,

is there such a thing as "high speed" motors for our windows?

i know C4C killed a ton of cool niche parts makers. but can anyone recommend FAST motors for these trucks?
post a link

thanks!
There is a harness that LMC sells with relays to provide power directly from the battery. This will make the windows open and close more quickly.
I built my own harness and relay setup and my k5 closes almost 2x faster than my r10.
Here's the link

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
Motors for the windows will never really be fast. Unfortunately faster motors often lack the torque to move the windows when it comes to the OEM replacements. probably the best thing you can do is upgrade the wiring to carry more current, then take your regulators and windows out of the tracks and replace what is worn and lubricate, along with replacing all the weatherstripping pieces. The windows were never really fast, but you will be surprised how much better a freshly rebuilt setup works, and aside from tight arm space, its not hard and a good weekend project.

heavychevystuff

Reaction score
First Name
erick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
ok cool thanks =)

the power lock button suddenly broke today too.

so i may just fix as i go, or redo everything at once. we shall see how many times i want to removed the damn door panel lol

i love electrical work cause it follows LAWS of science its just such a pain to get at these parts inside the door multiple times.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
ok cool thanks =)

the power lock button suddenly broke today too.

so i may just fix as i go, or redo everything at once. we shall see how many times i want to removed the damn door panel lol

i love electrical work cause it follows LAWS of science its just such a pain to get at these parts inside the door multiple times.
do it all at once if you can. While your there change the seals n such as well (including the vent window).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SMC2224