Hey Everybody

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
My name is Jeff,

I was born and raised in Sunnyvale calif. I main reason I left calif is Because ya cant have toys anymore, they impound them if there not smog Approved.

So i packed up and moved to Utah and bought some cheap land and started over.......

I got my first job in a vette shop when i was 15 and worked there for 9 years. the shop used to race B production IMSA road racing and quite abit of bracket racing at the old and now gone Fremont drag strip..

I have also done abit of circle track racing,, 1/4 mile asphalt and 3/8 mile dirt in northern calif,, until it became to costly to be competitive, but that was quite a few years ago and like everything in calif, its high dollar to live there......

My current build is a 78 k10 4x4 short bed dual tank, Its been a ground up build and is an on going project. after 3 years and a lot of money and work,, its finally coming together,, i got to drive it this summer finally.. as with all ground up builds, it has some kinks to be worked out...

it has been upgraded/customized, all of the drive train/frame down is factory oem,, except for the motor,, It is a custom built by me 1969 LT1 corvette 350/400hp......

I have many pic's of the build at certain points,, but i will only post a couple here and give the album section a shot.....

Last edited:

buRRp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Welcome. Nice build.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That's a nice project for sure, however I'm going to request pics of the Monza too :wave:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Quite a background, welcome to the board. Nice project truck. Did you run open wheel dirt track?

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
That's a nice project for sure, however I'm going to request pics of the Monza too :wave:

Actually,, it is a 78 Pontiac Sunbird sport coupe,, that was a past project,, it is street legal in a sense,, the suspension has all been reworked,, special springs front and rear,, matched front and rear sway bars,, t350 with a 3k stall converter 450hp 350 shoe horned into it,, it gets it,, but due to the uni-body construction and the high hp motor,, it is twisting the car apart,, it hasnt done any real damage yet,, but if ya park at a slight angle ya cant open the doors due to the body flex......

I made alot of money with that car,, it will do low 10's and top end is for a fact 155 clocked by a Utah UHP,, that hurt..

took me for ever to get it out of impound and had to trailer it home,, HP wouldnt allow to to drive it out of the impound yard,, i drove it around for awhile after that,, but it already had a name in a very small town here in utah and i couldnt go or do anything without being fallowed by ether a sheriff/city cop or UHP,, so i put it up on blocks,, some gas and a battery and it will fire right up,, i need to put a roll cage in it to stiffin it up to solve the body flex problem...

these are the only pics i have of it,, later in the spring i could take a pic or 2 of the motor,, but its been on blocks for close to 6 years now and looks like ****...........

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Love it :drool:

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Quite a background, welcome to the board. Nice project truck. Did you run open wheel dirt track?

No,, not sprint cars,, them dudes are nuts!,, guess i should have been a lil more specific..

the class i ran was "what NCRA" considered a street stock class..

The middle class,, bombers was entry level and super modified was the big boys.......

which there was nothing stock about it,, 104" wheel base full framed and caged with a 70 camaro skin covering it........

that was a past life when i was married,, any and all pics went when she did,, burned every damn one of um,, even the old bracket racing daze and my street car pics,,, i will never do that again.........

the only pics i have are after the devorse.........

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Cool stories man. Some old friends of mine ran modified dirt track, that was a fun experience being involved in it.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Welcome! Cool background story, I have never herd anyone say they liked living in California.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Welcome aboard! Where abouts in Utah are you at? I lived in Brigham City for the first 19 years of my life.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Welcome! Cool background story, I have never herd anyone say they liked living in California.

the 60's and 70's up to the early 80's was cool,, in northern calif anyway,, after that,, nothin but asphalt and ********..

I left in 90 and havent been back since,, not even to visit,, no one i know lives there any more,, they all left......

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
Welcome aboard! Where abouts in Utah are you at? I lived in Brigham City for the first 19 years of my life.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down in the south west corner,, Modena..

my GMA moved out here from calif back in the 60's..

my mom moved out here in the 70's..

I lived here off and on and went back to calif...

I left calif for good in 90.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nastylsz