help!! Swapping inner door parts, regulator, glass, rubber etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick.koehler6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 5.7L
how do you replace the door window and all the inner door parts. it has crank windows. I can't seem to figure it out. I'm swapping my doors parts into a new door shell

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here's how to get the windows out for a start:

You must be registered for see images attach

Remove the window crank, arm rest, inner handle cup, lock button, etc.
Remove the door panel.
Remove the vent window assembly (incl the frame) as per the procedure above. It takes a little finesse - but after a couple of twists and turns you will get it out.

Then disengage the sash from the regulator rollers by raising/lowering it until the rollers line up with the slots in the sash. Pull the sash out through the top.

After they are out of the way, you should be able to figure out how to pull the regulator.

The locks and handles can be tricky. Come back when you get to those.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Welcome to GMSB Nick. Looks like Jerry as you hooked up with the info you need. Feel free to respond if you need further help and do let us know how you're coming along with it. Some pics would be great too.

Just an FYI, I've edited the thread title. We don't like generic thread titles and they are often overlooked. Please be sure to put something related to the issue in the title. It helps those doing searches for related topic info and also gets you more responses.

bluex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
C15
Engine Size
@chengny got anything like that for rear doors? Just ordered the glass run for mine...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT