Heat Riser/Stove pipe on an open air filter Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LilRobert1367

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have an open air filter on My 79 C20, Since I live in colorado I want to connect the Heat Riser/ Stove Pipe to the open air filter. I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how I would do that? I have an idea of using a 1 1/2 in flexible exhaust pipe and maybe welding an exhaust flange to the the flexible exhaust pipe and putting a hole on the underside of air filter base plate so I would have a place on the air filter to connect the Heat Riser pipe/ stove pipe too!

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I have an open air filter on My 79 C20, Since I live in colorado I want to connect the Heat Riser/ Stove Pipe to the open air filter. I was wondering if anyone has any idea on how I would do that? I have an idea of using a 1 1/2 in flexible exhaust pipe and maybe welding an exhaust flange to the the flexible exhaust pipe and putting a hole on the underside of air filter base plate so I would have a place on the air filter to connect the Heat Riser pipe/ stove pipe too!
You would be better off getting rid of the open style and finding a factory assembly, filters will be readily available and you won't be sucking in those hot under hood temps. I'm sure most here will agree with me.

Find one with the big 3 or 4 inch filter I think it's three. Then you'll have your heat riser hookup and better/more intake, and lower IAT's.

For what it's worth, I don't run my heat riser, and I live in ND and don't have issues. Just let the truck warm up and go, I have no driveablity issues after it gets warmed up. All of the farm trucks out here have long lost their heat riser tubes and are going strong.
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laqota