Headliner !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
ok so i have a 87 c10 i want to order a headliner it did not have one when i bought it. but it does have all the trim along the roof and windows. So when looking at headliners you can buy they have one for trucks that came stock with them or one for trucks that came with metal roof. How do i know what i had? !!! do they not have the trim around the roof if they didnt? I dont think that is the case but hopefully someone knows.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You probably need to check you RPO codes if they're still with your truck. That'll tell you if your truck was originally ordered with a headliner. From what I've read on this site so far, a lot of the trucks out there had the headliners removed when they started to sag. The backing for it is the hard part to come by now from my understanding. Everyone who knew how to recover them grabbed them up.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
If you have all the trim/support components...you are way ahead of the game.

Get an OEM style headliner.

Just remove the trim. Also - IIRC - the A and B pillar moldings will need to come down. Remove the sunvisors (at the hinges) and dome light assembly.

Then, while a helper holds the new headliner in place, re-install the trim pieces. Use an awl to help locate the screw holes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx