Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alc4819

Reaction score
First Name
Avery
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I’ve been thinking on putting some long tube headers on my 86 k20. It has all the original smog pump and air lines running all over the place including going into the stock manifolds. I’m wondering if I put new headers on and block off the lines going to the manifolds if that will create any issues with it?

86FallguyTribute

Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
350 SBC
I have long tube headers on my 86 Silverado. It has a 350 SBC. They are supposedly ceramic coated but after just one season they look horrible. From a place called Southwest Speed in TN. I will NEVER buy from them again. Paid good money too, not some cheap imitation so I thought... Can anyone recommend a good SS header for my truck that will last?

shortarms

Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
Do you have inspections where you are? If not, I wouldn't waste the time blocking the lines, off, pull the smog pump and diverter valve, cap the associated vacuum lines and go on your way. If you do have inspections/smog checks...find CA legal headers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man