Header help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbeasont

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 76 k10, truck that was an original I6/Saginaw 3 speed on the column. I'm running a mild 355 now with the Saginaw. I've looked, googled, called, emailed, and smoke signaled everywhere I know to. According to summit and jegs, most Hedmans fit. According to hedman none of them do. Is anyone running a 4x4, small block, 3 on the tree with headers? Prefer long tubes. Right now it has a ram horn on drivers, and a log on passenger side(previous owner, havnt figured out why he did a lotta things yet). Any help greatly appreciated!!!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hedman has two basic styles of headers for a 4x4 (sorry, no part #'s off the top of my head), one of them hangs lower and installs easy, but they tend to rub on the front shackle bolts. I think those would fit with your column linkage. The other version tucks up in the truck nicely and does not hang below the frame, but they are hard to install and I'd bet will hit your linkage.

Flowtec and Hooker might fit too, but I think the longer Hedmans' have the best chance of fitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP