guys im going to have to get a S10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just looked to see if was listed, but for a long time, this guy had a brand new crate 6.2 long block for sale for $300. It was crate damaged and had a broken timing cover on it. That was it. He bought it from a freight company insurance damage auction for like $190 and was trying to sell it for $300 for the longest tme. But back then, I was telling him, good luck, noone wants those POS's. Now that I am talked into giving one a try, a brand new crate 6.2 for $300 needing a timing cover is a steal. I'm wanting to say, it was complete with injector plumbing, pump and all. He had pics of it too.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Isnt the timing cover on those cast? Not really an aftermarket part, you could have $100+ in it easy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Cast iron, yes I do beleive. But still, find a non running one for nothing and swap covers out can't you???

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
And the water pump and other accesories bolt to the timing cover too, so its a critical part, but still. I'd bet you can find one cheap at a Pull A Part. I've seen several of those 6.2's in the local "Pick Yur ****" yard.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Wish we had a pick your **** yard here...Closest ones are hours away. :(

Only yard I can deal with here I'm friends with the owner but he rarely has anything i need.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I've got a pick and pull yard about 15 minutes from me. Pretty handy place...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ohhhh man !!! For real. I feel so sorry for you Retro. What the hell do you do for entertainment then??? I'd be lost without a Pick Yur **** yard. I pay the dollar to get in just to go walk around and find something I think I need. Poor dude, dayum. I'd be moving or actually, I'd be looking for some land, about 80-160 acres or so and starting my own.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I may as well go on ebay to get **** I need rather than buy it at most yards in town...Will cost the same.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I still go and look every so often, but I just don't buy anything. Going to yards is my stress release - even just to look around. So relaxing to me.

I hope my wife recovers soon so I can go hit some in San Antonio or Temple.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I do get disgusted going in them though. Seeing the stuff people sold for $100 or $150 and its in great shape. Like, WTH did they call PAP to sell this thing to when we have CL and they could have got $200 or $300.
You guys don't even want to know how fuggin livid I am at my bro. He has this 88 Trooper, 2.8 Chevy V6 5 speed 4x4 body is perfect, interior is used but not bad and very funcitonal. Clutch went out last year. He let it sit for right at a year. Finally his other car blew a head gasket. A Taurus is not worth fixing, so he bought the clutch kit for the Trooper. Worked on it for 2 weeks off and on and couldn't get the trans lined up blah blah blah. After he called me a few times asking questions, borrowing my trans jack, but never told me he never got it running, I found out yesterday he sold the fuggin thing for $200 on CL. I am so pist off about that. I'da bought for it $200 and got it running probably in 2 hours and had a better fuel mileage daily driver. Yes, this is my alchy loser bro, that I hardly talk to. Nonetheless, he was calling me asking me about it, borrowed my jack, and knows I could have fixed it. I think it was jealousy, he wouldn't have wanted me to have it and get it running. I told him, don't ever ask me for a fuggin thing, or to borrow a tool, or how to fix ****. You can go to hell you fuggin drunk ass loser.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I still go and look every so often, but I just don't buy anything. Going to yards is my stress release - even just to look around. So relaxing to me.

I hope my wife recovers soon so I can go hit some in San Antonio or Temple.

Exaclty my point. I go just to go sometimes. Its my playground. And sometimes, I might just find a transmission that I have never rebuilt, laying out in the open, and I'll gut it, just for the education and leave it there. Of course you're not supposed to do that, but not like anyone would have bought it anyway, or they wouldn't have decided to leave it laying there.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I would have told him the same thing...****...
He is always jelous of me cuz I can fix anything damn thing I set my mind to whether it be a car, computer, plumbing, electrical etc on the house, or appliances. I think that had alot to do with it. He may have been pissed too cuz I didn't offer to go and fix it for him. How hard can a clutch be? I thought he had it fixed so I didn't offer. He also didn't ask me to come look at it. Also I was busy with running back and forth taking care of my dads gun shot since noone else had transportation, and I have my own projects going, my son is here, and I have 2 transmission tore apart on the bench right now pending parts to show up, like I have time to go fix his stuff. He makes a damn lot more money than I do, and he has alot more time than I do. His life revolves around a bottle. He works and he drinks, drinks and works, that's it. Just a sorry ass jealous bastard. I supported his quitting drinking for years til I finally gave up when he lost his wife to divorce, his kids, 2 houses, and moved in with mommmy and now takes advatage of her and treats my mom like ****. How much does a guy have to lose before he realzies he need to quit? He's done rehab twice and made it 6 months without drinking. I will not longer piss on him if he caught fire, and even more so now after this BS. :Moon::flipthebird:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'm definitely thankful that I have a brother that has a family and that I have a lot in common with. I can say I've been pretty lucky in my life with the family I have around me.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm definitely thankful that I have a brother that has a family and that I have a lot in common with. I can say I've been pretty lucky in my life with the family I have around me.
Sounds as if you are lucky, and yep, should be thankful. I could care less what my bro does with his life at his point. I'll get the call someday, he was found dead, and so be it. His struggle will then be over and maybe he can RIP, but I hate the fact he takes advantage of my mother, and she tolerates it, cuz she says, well it my son, he is sick..... Well true, but still she is enabling him. Let him go live on the streets maybe he will wake up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486