guys im going to have to get a S10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Yeah, I've thought about that and that's really why the process hasn't picked up more steam than it has. In the early going of it it'd definitely be a lot if hours of just me working until the business picked up and was able to get some employees but even then I'm sure there'd be very few days of real rest and time off. It's just always been a dream of mine. When I do actually pull the trigger it'll start off as a side business while still doing the 40 hr/wk job and hopefully durng that time I'll know whether I'd really want it to be a full time gig or not. If not, just cut bait and move on. The business I have in the planning stages has pretty minimal start up cost so I wouldn't be out much.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I'll give you a big tip too. Don't sit around waiting capital. IF you have a good idea, the motiviation, start with a fail safe venture. One that may not make alot of money, but at least you won't lose on it. My motto was, "Use the banks money to make money". I started my ebay biz with $1000 limit credit card. Soon had $20K in credit line. Charged it up and paid it off twice in the same month, so the bank couldn't make any interest on me. They never made a nickel from me. Always paid off within the 25 day grace period.

I just don't like owing people money. If I can cash flow it then it alleviates any risk that comes with loans and owing the bank anything. Know what I mean? The start up costs for my venture will literally be between 2k to 5k so pretty minimal. Then I can use the profits from there to grow it and stay going while growin the client base.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just don't like owing people money. If I can cash flow it then it alleviates any risk that comes with loans and owing the bank anything. Know what I mean? The start up costs for my venture will literally be between 2k to 5k so pretty minimal. Then I can use the profits from there to grow it and stay going while growin the client base.

You got the right attitude. DON"T LIKE OWING PEOPLE MONEY. I loved owing the bank $40,000 a month. And they'd call offering to up my limit. I told them go ahead. Gimme all the limit you want. The more you give me, the more money I make. Then one time I called them for a interest break cuz I was gonna make a $50K purchase and couldn't turn it all over in 30 days and I was gonna have to pay some interest. So I asked for a large purchase interest break from 9% to be lower. They said sure, hold on let me see what I a can do for you. They came back 5 minutes later and said, Sorry, you have been a great customer for 2 years, but you have never paid us any interest and we don't make any money off of you, so we wouldn't be willing to give a rate break. I told them they get a cut everytime I charge on the card there is a merchant holdback and that should be enough. So I only charged $20K on the card, paid $20K cash, then got a closed ended 6% simple interest loan with no prepayment penalty for the other $10K and made it happen. I ended up with $27K profit on that one project alone in 3 months and paid like $180 in interest charges. Big Whoop !!! I'm telling you, use the banks money to make money. It works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486