guys im going to have to get a S10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
A freidn had an Aveo...It literally dropped the engine on the highway...The front half of the subframe was scraping the ground, the mounts broke.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
If I can find an econobox in decent shape, it will be a Sprint turbo, an Isuzu I-Mark turbo or DOHC with Recaro seats or an Isuzu Impulse AWD turbo...

jake wells

Can i be me?
Reaction score
First Name
jake
Truck Year
Truck Model
custom deluxe 10
Engine Size
ours changes daily, last week it was $3.09 I think or .05 a gallon for reg. unleaded, then tues. it was $3.25 for the same, then wed. it was back to the original price and still is.

How many vehicles you got? I thought you had one for sale and needed cash then got a 78 or something and was going to or did buy another?

LOl I know what you mean on the cash, I live on less, pay all utilities and rent, plus gas and such. Wife has a 2k monte carlo and it's gas mileage aint very good. We go thru at least $30-60 a month in gas, usually $60. That's not going any further then 50 miles or so from home.

i sold the one i was selling and i have the 78 now its getting 10 mpg with a 20 gallon tank it cost me 65 dollars here to fill it from empty to full :flipthebird:

now this s10 i found gets 18mpg with a 20 gallon tank
87 S10 v6 5spd 4x4

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
are you gonna trade or buy it? 9 mpg aint much really, It's almost double what you get but factor in the cost of you buying it. A 2wd would be better on gas but 4x4 is good for the weather we're having.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Jake... your unemployment is about 50 bucks less a month than my last job. Sad reality. In 2008 my job payed 26/hr, went to another job at 17/hr and one day they said they were going to lay everyone off, four months later I was working for 10 bucks an hour, barely above minimum wage in New Mexico.

I hate my trucks gas mileage too, Sometimes think about trading it for something better on gasoline but the one hang up is cab size. Im not TALL but being 5 foot 11 I hate driving Toyota trucks and the little S-10's. After considering options I think im going to keep convincing my dad to give me his 6.2 Diesel so I can get 20mpg and a full size truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, get that 6.2 from your dad and lets see what it gets. If they really get 20mpg, I'll be looking for one and I'll be rocking the noisy bastard !!! I about even ready to go 6cyl for some fuel mpg. I have enough trucks, I can have one for nothing but mpg and I can rock the rest of them.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I'm 6 feet tall and I love my Tacoma. 3.4 "Z" motor V-6 gets close to 25mpg highway when I use cruise control and drive like I got some sense, closer to 18 mpg when I'm runnin it hard. The 4 cylinder Tacoma I had a year or so ago got worse mpg, it ran 3k rpm on the highway. I kinda miss that truck, I wasnt as afraid to take it up in the hills like I am the one I have now.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
www.dieselplace.com is the forum I get all my information from, according to these dudes a 6.2 in a stock height truck will get awesome MPG, upwards of 20. They can be noisy, I filled the oil in the suburban with sea foam and filled her with rotella.... it sounded like a brand new motor, not even the famous annoying diesel clack. I might just revive that project again and try messing with the glowplug controller, maybe the suburbans engine isn't bad at all....

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I'm 6 feet tall and I love my Tacoma. 3.4 "Z" motor V-6 gets close to 25mpg highway when I use cruise control and drive like I got some sense, closer to 18 mpg when I'm runnin it hard. The 4 cylinder Tacoma I had a year or so ago got worse mpg, it ran 3k rpm on the highway. I kinda miss that truck, I wasnt as afraid to take it up in the hills like I am the one I have now.
I worked with a dude that had a brand new Tacoma 4 door, very clean truck but it just felt way to cramped inside!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeah, get that 6.2 from your dad and lets see what it gets. If they really get 20mpg, I'll be looking for one and I'll be rocking the noisy bastard !!! I about even ready to go 6cyl for some fuel mpg. I have enough trucks, I can have one for nothing but mpg and I can rock the rest of them.

I wonder how one of those turbo 4 cyl. diesel squarebodies in Brazil do...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I wonder if its a Isuzu engine, that would be a swap worth looking into.
I have a feeling it is. If so, I'd say its likley a durable dependable engine. Not sure about fast, but being diesel, likely has enough torque to pull a squarebody around. We oughta find us one and do some testing. OR should I say, one of us should. I gotta truck body for the cause. Anyone gotta motor??? :drool:

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I have a feeling it is. If so, I'd say its likley a durable dependable engine. Not sure about fast, but being diesel, likely has enough torque to pull a squarebody around. We oughta find us one and do some testing. OR should I say, one of us should. I gotta truck body for the cause. Anyone gotta motor??? :drool:

For all the work involved I think it would be easier to find a square with a 6.2 Diesel. Everything bolts in, you run the hot from your distributor to the injector pump, re connect your gauges and run another return line to your fuel tank and your ready to ROCK!

I just found a square one CL with a 6.2 for 500 bucks.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For all the work involved I think it would be easier to find a square with a 6.2 Diesel. Everything bolts in, you run the hot from your distributor to the injector pump, re connect your gauges and run another return line to your fuel tank and your ready to ROCK!

I just found a square one CL with a 6.2 for 500 bucks.
Cool, yeah the 6.2 would be eaiser, but I bet the 4cyl Turbo would be much better on mpg. Maybe closer to 30????? :shrug: And if it was originally in Brazilliaon SB's that tells me mounts are made for it for SBs too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486