Gun vault dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
There is some rust in corners. Not sure what to paint it with

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Cousin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Por15 is a paint that will bind with rust. If it’s flaky rust, knock off the flakes and brush it on. It’s black and after it drys you can paint over it if you like. It comes in quarts and gallons and is not cheap. If you are like me you will end up using it a lot.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Just ordered an electic oil pressure gauge. Trying to find a heavy duty 2 port cigarette lighter plug. Also looking for some dimable led light for gauge cluster.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
So making the templete for the windshield curve is a lovely pain in the ass. That was my 3rd attempt. I'm going to make another tomorrow and hopefully it'll be good. Any tips to making templetes?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That dash is the red step side is my "vision" but needs a door to fit a AR.
I already have lots of aluminum sheet. The instrument cluster and printed circuit are over 100 bucks on eBay and the dash pads are over 100. The k5 is no where near original. It doesn't have original engine, rear end, seats are from a dogde neon and a suburban missing door panel.
My intentions for the k5 are mountain rig that is reliable enough for a daily driver.
Dash pads are over 300. The things you see for over $100 are the coverlay type things like I used to go over a destroyed dash pad. There thin molded ABS plastic

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Wow that crap foam plastic piece is over 300 bucks. I feel even better now for ripping it all out. I got some metal jigsaw blades today. Going to cut out the top piece tomorrow. As of now. I have 6 dollars spent on dash.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
So getting the templete to fit was almost the worst part. Once it fit great I cut the aluminum. As normal it didn't fit. Had to trim it more than I wanted because I couldn't get it to bend like I thought it would. But got it in and going to fill in the gap with 3m 5200. If I did it again and bought a sheet I would use thinner gauge. Drilling the holes for the vents was the most tedious part. Should have drilled from the top. It made rough on the outside. Also I scratched it up bad but I don't care about scratches. Rivited the Vin plate on too. I sprayed afew coats of clear coat on it maybe it won't rust any more.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size

Forum statistics

Threads