Gun vault dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I’m assuming the truck is a heater only truck. Still, the heater/defrost plenum, etc takes up quite a bit of room under the dash.

There are truck gun lockers that could be easily adapted to a blazer or you could built something similar with your aluminum sheet. It could be made to look like something else.

You must be registered for see images attach

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’m assuming the truck is a heater only truck. Still, the heater/defrost plenum, etc takes up quite a bit of room under the dash.

There are truck gun lockers that could be easily adapted to a blazer or you could built something similar with your aluminum sheet. It could be made to look like something else.

You know what I have never seen that. I like it. When I get my tonno fold I might use something like that

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Yes I have seen the plastic behind the glove box but still plenty of room for a carbine. That side bed toolbox with the rifle storage is nice. But not as handy as behind the dash.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes I have seen the plastic behind the glove box but still plenty of room for a carbine. That side bed toolbox with the rifle storage is nice. But not as handy as behind the dash.
I dunno reverse it so it’s in the well right behind you coming up along wide the driver seat. And wham easy access

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Is this an antenna that is inside the windshield? Ripping out dash now and found this. I saw the lines in the glass before but thought it was a defrost thing.

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Thanks. Never seen an antenna like that before. Does it pick up stations any better than a regular antenna? Also have some more questions. What is this light go to, it's connected to ash tray with with wire but looks similar to the lights on the cluster?

WomenandthePolice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Char
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Why does it have two switches on the door pannel

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Thanks. Never seen an antenna like that before. Does it pick up stations any better than a regular antenna? Also have some more questions. What is this light go to, it's connected to ash tray with with wire but looks similar to the lights on the cluster?

About that antenna, GM cars in the 1960's had antennas in the windshield. When GM engineers designed the square for 1973 they received the windshield antenna.

From what I read years ago the antenna was tuned for AM radio, which most 60's cars had. So the antenna will not work well for FM if you are not close to the radio station transmitters.

Yes, that light is for the ashtray.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Got that same antenna in the windshield my 75 K20 with and AM/FM radio and it's worked well for the last almost 45 years

Yes. I also have the same antenna in my '74. Maybe I should have said, "May not work as well" I believe a regular AM fender antenna is 39" long and an FM antenna is 31" long.

Either one will work fine if to are close to the transmitters.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Plunger on the door is definitely aftermarket. Maybe for an alarm. My 73 has the window antenna too, it’s not a defrost.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Plunger on the door is definitely aftermarket. Maybe for an alarm. My 73 has the window antenna too, it’s not a defrost.
NO, I don't think it is aftermarket, the K5's have that too. Pretty sure mine does too. I'll go check again real quick. It does look aftermarket and why I questioned it also, and pretty sure I remember seeing that.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, my K5 has both those on both doors. I never did look into what they are for. Maybe separate switches for the lights in the removeable top??? It looks like they might go into the seat belt tenstioner too. Not sure. 1 of the experts here will know. I'm new to K5 myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zippo854