Fuel Tank Relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squareback

Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
My buddy did a tank conversion on his action line c10 with a flush tank filler. I’ll ask him what he used this weekend if no one else has responded by then.

Side note, I believe the safety aspect of saddle tanks has been somewhat debunked.
Thank you! Very much appreciated!

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
This cracks me up. My original message included a smart ass remark about the safety aspect of his question. I edited it out because I thought I’d get ****. Glad to see I was aligned with my fellow squareriders

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Thank you! Very much appreciated!
He doesn’t remember the exact parts that were installed, but it seems like Camar068 hooked you up with some literature.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I've thought about a tank relocation just because of some of the terrain I go over I scrape the transfer case/transmission crossmember. I have the factory thin skid plates on both tanks but am worried about crushing them.

But so far no damage to the tanks.

And someday if my bed keeps rusting out I'd like to go this route:

You must be registered for see images attach

Then there would be no protection at all for the side of the tank. I'd really want to move to a Suburban tank or maybe put one in the bed at this point... but I sleep in the bed of the truck on some of my trips.
I like that truck! Cool look

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Hey @Squareback do you have a 3 port switch valve under your truck currently? If so and you decide to ditch your saddles id be VERY interested in buying the valve from you if it works.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I bet it would be fun, to be a noob.

But it would be pretty scary :imo: to show up in a place like this for example, and start askin about how to remove stuff or change things and then the Seasoned Members in the place start tryin to buy your junk..hahaha rotflmmfao.

Wouldn't that make ya wonder?
o_O
like that dude that smashed a headlight bucket, couldnt find one after looking I guess for thirty seconds, but in that time he found a different front end and wants to know will it swap?
Yeah sure, but give me that old "junk" .
;)
I'll show ya how to swap it onto my truck!

This is a great message board but the search feature DOES SUCK TO USE.

Blazer tank or f*ck off cuz y bother?
geez. That argument was over TWENTY YEARS AGO.
Get.A.Grip.

Hey look, if he can ask questions, I can add comment.
Welcome to the Internet, Junior.
Sell that truck to somebody that loves it before you destroy it's value.
:biggun:

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
The saddle bags would definitely give me more capacity,

Not necessarily... I have dual 16 gallon tanks on mine. I don't let them get below 1/4 tank. So technically I only have 24 gallons to use. Looking at Rock Auto for a '77 Suburban they have 25 gallon, 31 gallon, and 40 gallon available.

Not sure if the larger ones hang down more? Or they go closer to the rear differential? 40 might be too big- but I bet 31 would be pretty nice.

Something to think about.

TubeTruck

I'm from Boston. Deal with it.
Reaction score
First Name
Denis
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban K10
Engine Size
LQ9
Not necessarily... I have dual 16 gallon tanks on mine. I don't let them get below 1/4 tank. So technically I only have 24 gallons to use. Looking at Rock Auto for a '77 Suburban they have 25 gallon, 31 gallon, and 40 gallon available.

Not sure if the larger ones hang down more? Or they go closer to the rear differential? 40 might be too big- but I bet 31 would be pretty nice.

Something to think about.

While doing research for swapping my 31gal for a 40gal I've found out that a 40 gal doesn't fit in a truck. The 31 is the largest you can fit. So if you're looking for capacity you're better off with the 2 16's, you get an extra gallon :)

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
this is a great message board but the search feature DOES SUCK TO USE.

it's picky on the wording. I always try to pick a specific word on the subject and go from there.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
it's picky on the wording. I always try to pick a specific word on the subject and go from there.
I find if you type in most of the thread title it helps. Its hard to search even for my own threads

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
If you use your favorite search engine and utilize Boolean operators it helps.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc

For starters....but why does it require going to a SECOND SEARCH PAGE just to find the "other" red magnifying glass deal.

Since we're talking about it, WHY isn't a simpler page/topic search featured very prominently in the header?
Too simple?
Easy buttons dont pay sh*t?
Maybe I just turned stupid.

Insinuating to noobs that their answer could be found using the search feature doesnt serve anyone and it's a damned shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theshawnR