Fuel Hose OK ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Is there any reason not to connect the fuel pump to the carb with rubber fuel hose?
I converted my 84 C10 to a later model 350 and put all serpentine driven accessories on the front.
The hard line ran in behind all that jazz and was a pain to get out.......would be even worse to snake back in.

I had to replace the fuel pump and could not get the line connected without leaking.......

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah........
What about braided SS ??

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I'd put the work in to put the metal fuel tube behind the serpentine bracket, the work may suck but you won't have to look at it again. I hand bent tubes (feed & return) and put them behind the serpentine brackets on my 454, there's a short rubber connector on each end.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Yeah........
What about braided SS ??
As long as it's a high quality brand rated for fuel it *should* be ok. But I'd worry about it fraying as it rubs on stuff. Even if you put it in some heat sleeve, it would still eventually rub through. Personally, I would go through the headache to put the hard line back in for piece of mind.

Daron58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250 I6
The hard line exists for a reason, just as everyone else said do the work to do it right, after you know it’s done right and piece of mind is worth it in the end, like they say Do It, good luck on your project

AZ Highlander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15 (aka V1500)
Engine Size
350 (5.7L)
I'm thinking this could be a great solution for $20. Pre-bent hardline.
I purchased a pre-bent hardlines from Inline Tube for my rear axle when I replaced the entire brake system on my truck and they were worth every penny.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
I've seen cars catch fire from a pin hole in a rubber fuel hose,more than once. Bend up a new hardline with a different route if you have to. Probably the same route you planed for your rubber,if you have to use rubber use very short pieces to connect your hardline. There's a reason gm used hardline and there's a reason Nascar and nhra limit how much rubber fuel hose can be on the car total. They don't care if it's new or not or how it's rated.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I’ve always ran hard lines, though picking the right one out of a catalog (regardless what they claim it will fit) can be a PITA.

The only exception I’ve made is an Edelbrock stainless steel braided line with AN fittings that attach to the Edelbrock fuel pump and the Edelbrock carb hard line.

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I am beginning to recognize a pattern here...................
Thanks!

The existing line id copper.......... Is that OK ?

Ronno6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The problem with a pre bent tube is that I have a '95 C1500 350.
that truck did not come with a carb nor mechanical FP.
But it has all serpentine brackets/accessories.
So.............

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Reread post 8 and you can get the tubing at the parts store,with fittings already on it. As in post 11. Any guesses how many pages we can go Rusty?

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
So.............
You can bolt a pump to the block as a junction the pump has 2 reed valves, they aren't actually reeds but same concept. An electric pump will blow right through it. This will allow you to use all original lines including the bypass,bend a new line from the parts store. Its sold in various lengths with fittings on it. From pump to carb. That's how I did mine,I did put a restrictor in the return line,I used a lawnmower fuel shut off valve, this allows me to adjust fuel pressure. You could use a fuel filter as a junction they come with female threaded ports. Even if you used rubber at the original fp location as unions for a fuel filter,a leak would be a puddle under the truck not a sprinkler on top of the engine,my fire was lit by the distributor.

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
So.............

Yeah… my Blazer didn’t come with a 454, the quadrajet fed by the electric fuel pump or the SBC serpentine belt conversion but I made lines that worked, crazy. It’s all about how bad you want it to be “right”, you could always just lay a bunch of rubber hose across everything and hope it works good.

Attachments

• IMG_6200.jpeg
    IMG_6200.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 34