Front Fender Well Inspection Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creich68

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
Hello all - on my 91 suburban, the front fender wells have what looks like an inspection cover on the rear side (see pics below) held in by three bolts. Not sure what the purpose of these covers were, but mine have rusted through over time and would like to replace them before the rust cancer spreads behind them. I looked in the LMC and Brothers catalogs but I can’t seem to find replacements. Anyone know where I could find them? All else fails I could make some, but curious if any aftermarket options are out there.

Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
99% that I've seen on squares, they're rusted. I think GM installed them that way. Never have found replacements. Made my own. I have no idea why they are there in the first place.

45tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
MJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC Sierra Grande K15
Engine Size
The design looks pretty simple, could you copy the template and make your own out of similar gauge metal? Looks like there would be a bend and some shaping to do on each one.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
I made an access hole to remove the bottom bolt on the AC box on the Elco in lieu of removing the inner wheel well. The hole in the picture looks way low for that.

tebgm81

Reaction score
First Name
Terry E.
Truck Year
Truck Model
K35
Engine Size
This is another example of why I joined this forum. I have an 81 GMC K35 and this is one of the things I’ve been wondering about. The comments have reinforced my thoughts and I’ll just make a patch. I’ve learned a couple things from today’s forum email. Thanks

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Yes - just a reinforcement.

I made my own.

K
Reinforcement for what?? It seems like it was intended for some kind of inspection or access. Reinforcement cover doesn't make sense, especially the shape of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod