Front End Identification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tanz45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Since my truck is somewhat of a mut since a previous owners swapped grills, lights, etc...... Can someone please help me understand what years were round eyes, single, and dual headlights?

What will interchange between these years?

Thanks,
Mike

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
Page 62, and on.. pretty much breaks it down...
But basically.. 81 trucks through to 91 Burb, Crew Cab, and Blazers,.. are pretty much interchangeable.... 80.. is the beginning of the square headlight phase.. and 79 down to 73(round headlights)... there is differences with the parking lights and such.... although I believe that G.M had 'Rolling Body Change'.. in 80 to phase from round to square headlights.. so some early 80's models may have had round headlights still...

.. you can interchange the front grilles on the 80's and early 90's pretty easy..from quad set-up to single lights(or visa-versa)... but you have to have the rad. support to go accordingly with it... so it's your preference...

..also.. in 81-82.. the front parking lights were mounted in the bumpers.... 83 is when they moved them to the grilles, or under the headlights... depending on the model (Silverado, or Custom Deluxe)....

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=62

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cc/full.aspx?Page=71

Last edited:

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
although I believe that G.M had 'Rolling Body Change'.. in 80 to phase from round to square headlights.. so some early 80's models may have had round headlights still...

it wasn't a "rolling body change" as the body stayed the same from 73-80 models. it was a trim level deal. the upper trim levels got squares, as well as those ordered with it, everything else was round. my bare bones 80 is a round headlight truck.

CaliDude76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Truck Year
Nineteen Eighty Four
Truck Model
C-Ten (Custom Deluxe)
Engine Size
Three Fifty
it wasn't a "rolling body change" as the body stayed the same from 73-80 models. it was a trim level deal. the upper trim levels got squares, as well as those ordered with it, everything else was round. my bare bones 80 is a round headlight truck.

..Then I stand corrected,.. that's good to know about the 80 trucks situation,.. I'm a fan of learning.. Thanks..

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size

Hmm.... Ya' learn something new everyday...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
terminator