front add-a-leafs (pic request)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heavychevystuff

Reaction score
First Name
erick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
hello

im probably gonna buy front add-a-leaf springs for my burb for budget reasons. and because it bugs me that the stock springs are like..... bent UP... not down...
may add lift blocks for the back.

(pic is current/stock)

who else has done this in the front?
u like it?
can you please post pics?

Attachments

• burb.jpg
    burb.jpg
    330.3 KB · Views: 65

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Awesome looking healthy lookin Burb!
An adder will stiffen up the front end considerably and adding height you’ll likely need to do other things as well.
Looks like your leafs are fine.
Either you want a lifted truck or don’t, as I see it. And if going theirufh the trouble of lifting it may as well do it right the first time.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Not a good idea Eric... you're putting a band aid on an infection. Your front springs are sacked, and propping them up with another spring will virtually have this spring pack fighting against it's self. I would suggest you hang in there until you can find a deal.
New Tough country springs are the best bang for the buck, but also keep an eye on local markets. FB Marketplace and such for used or new-never used parts. Also wrecking yards are good for finding lift springs. I always see wrecked trucks that were on the road to getting rebuilt, and then too much rust or a whatever and they end up at the junk yard with new parts on them.

They have 2" lift set... perfect, great ride and articulation. If you run longer shocks and Ford upper mount, and then disconnect the sway bar you will have amazing droop and off road traction, if that's what you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macdiesel86420